Smallwood piece today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallwood piece today

He makes some great points about all the knee jerk action going on.

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/p...s&id=365376621

Still, assuming that Pederson is destined to fail has about as much merit as assuming that one of those other first-time coaches recently hired are automatically going to succeed.

I'm not assuming he will fail but...

Jeffy touted Chip as the second coming, then walked him to the parking lot with a game left in the season.

Jeffy touted Howie. Then demoted him. Then promoted him.

Talk about knee-jerk...Lovie Smith still out there. You dont at least talk to the guy.

No talk to Ginger. Because he clashed with Howie (allegedly).

Cluster. FUCK.

Yes...Dougie might be good. Cluster. LUCK.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

No one is discounting the crap shoot factor ... Smallwood, after chastising those who roll their eyes at Pederson, finishes his article with:

"Of course, there is no guarantee that Reid and Lurie are correct about Pederson. He could end up being a huge flop."

His lecture boils down to no more than hoping the Eagles are, as I've previously stated, the blind squirrel who came up with a nut.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He was obviously the fallback, safe play. I agree that Lurie & Co. didn't turn over enough rocks, and they wussed out and went with who they were comfortable with. I'll still watch and hope for the best.

Now my interest is on who will be joining the coaching staff, and how they will target the glaring needs on the roster. There will be more to critique as time goes on, but the sky isn't falling. Yet.

Comment

I wouldnt clal this a safe play

AT ALL.

Just because he has ties to FF? Totally dont get that angle.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Even if he's good, he needs players ... and that's now Howeenie's bailiwick.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              Jeffy touted Chip as the second coming, then walked him to the parking lot with a game left in the season.

Jeffy touted Howie. Then demoted him. Then promoted him.

Talk about knee-jerk...Lovie Smith still out there. You dont at least talk to the guy.

No talk to Ginger. Because he clashed with Howie (allegedly).

Cluster. FUCK.

Yes...Dougie might be good. Cluster. LUCK.
              Lots of people touted Kelly as the second coming. Lurie was forced to demote Howie. It wasn't his preference but Kelly didn't leave him much choice after two 10-6 seasons.

You could make an argument for cutting Howie loose after he lost the showdown last season and you'll be able to make a argument next season if he does a bad job. But he's the one guy you can't hold responsible for 2015. He was locked out of the personnel process and only doing the laundry.

Lovey vs Ginger Vs Pedey? Flip a coin. None are proven world beaters. Lurie went with the guy who he believes will fit into his Peace, Love and Understanding vision.
              Last edited by Maniac; 01-15-2016, 10:26 AM.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Smallwood is often the voice of reason

Comment

Giving him the benefit of the doubt is bad for ratings.

Comment

Working...
                  X