I am hopeful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am hopeful

That Pederson learned how to man manage players from FF and applies those lessons.

FF had and has his weaknesses, but he treated his players like men and never threw them under the bus, and his players love the guy. Even TO wanted to play for FF. I'm hopeful Pederson gets that.

another vice of reason

youre no fun!
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Voice

VOICE!
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Ha I was just posting this. I'm in the same boat.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

This is the one thing I absolutely have faith in
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Given last season, I think this is going to go a long way.

Comment

At least

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              Given last season, I think this is going to go a long way.
              the dude played in the league. Also, the playcalling w/ FF was better under Childress than Morningwood, the 2 minute offense and time management, no so much. Ultimately, though, this isn't much different than McDermott.

Comment

Immediate expectations are low. That's in his favor.

I understand what Lurie is trying to do. No idea if one big happy family is the key but I'm gonna hold my fire until somebody fkkks up. Howie is now fully accountable. No Chip or Andy meat shield.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Pederson Puffer

Seriously.

I've always liked his cool demeanor and I think he could be a stabling influence, especially if Shurmur is around (which I doubt).

His game was conservative and that might translate to his play calling on the field. We'll see. A big problem I have with the "Green Bay/ Andy Reid tree" thing over the years is the, "we can beat the teams we are suppose to, but never the really good teams" existence.

You see it with John Harbaugh's team, which I predicted after several years. Andy Reid... same way. McCarthy and Green Bay and that whole west coast thing... seems the same way despite having the great QB, Aaron Rodgers.
                  Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-15-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

You see it with John Harbaugh's team, which I predicted after several years. Andy Reid... same way. McCarthy and Green Bay and that whole west coast thing... seems the same way despite having the great QB, Aaron Rodgers.
                    Maybe I'm misreading, but don't Harbaugh and McCarthy have Super Bowl victories?

Comment

No you didn't misread. John Harbaugh got a SB with a team that he didn't create... Ray Lewis... Reed and that defense plus Ozzie molding that SB talent is the reason they won, IMO... I think john Harbaugh needs to be judged moreso in what he has created now... That team is much more like a Reid team now then the Rex Ryan/ Billick team he inherited. It's a good team once key injuries come back next year, but the personality of that team is much different.

Yes, McCarthy has won a SB but he has , and had, some of the best QB's the game has ever seen. But more to the point, His current teams can beat the teams that they need to, but they too often come up small and overmatched against top adversaries,much like Reid's teams with the Eagles. IMO, they are built to win but not built to win big these past 3 years. Sure, Green Bay has a shot every year with Aaron Rodgers, but take him out of the equation and that's a Reid team. I'd like to hear what Packwest would say about how the Packers perform against SB viable teams over the past 3 years.
                      Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-15-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Its an eagles board, I don't talk Packers here

but I will say this: Defense wins Championships. Even if you have a top QB and killer offense, you still need a defense to win it all
                        And that fits the Philly aura too. CheeseDIP* will be fine as a HC, but you gotta build a killer boffo defense to get where you want to go

* pederson's initials are DIP and his heritage includes both GB and Philly;famous cheese-towns

Comment

You were correct the first time
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I didn't see the tweet. Ozzie got fired? What exactly has changed?
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

He didn't get fired. The only thing that changed is Harbaugh's influence to make the team more in his image.. which is similar to the images mentioned.
                              Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-15-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X