Patch and pray or blow it up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch and pray or blow it up?

Do they think the problem was Chip the coach or Chip the GM?

If you think it's Chip the coach, you patch up the roster in a couple places and go to work. Sign Bradford for 4 years, cut Cooper and a couple others for cap room, sign a couple guards in FA, draft the BPA in the first.

If you think it's Chip the GM, you let Bradford walk, trade all the assets you can and -- biggest question of all -- get your hands on the quarterback of the future.

Frankly, their best bet might be to suck out loud next season and get #WastedforWatson (tm).

So whatcha gonna do, brother?

I hope they let Bradford walk (Houston), throw some stiff out there like chase Daniels, trade around a ton for extra picks, go 0-16, fire Roseman, draft Watson.

Patching this heap of shit won't help. This team needs to be nuked. Build around Fletcher Cox. The O is a goddamned mess. Old, devoid of difference makers. Just shit everywhere. Matthews is solid.

Pretty sure It's gonna be an ugly year.

Comment

Next season is shot. Tank away. NFL purgatory is the worst. They aren't winning with Sammy Sleeves.
      Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-15-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

You love tanking haha. Might just work with the Sixers.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I have to be the voice of reason. This is a bad run for Philly sports. I am the guy that promoted tanking way before Hinkie. It stinks but it has to be done. Every morning, I check my teams standings and I start from the bottom. I root for the Lakers to win. I root for the Sixers, Kings and Heat to lose. I don't care if I'm not a 'good' fan. I'm now a 4 for 4 tank fan. It's a sickness.

Comment

Identify the microscopic nucleus on this team and then turn and face the strange...

Comment

I'll give credit on the Sixers. We argued about that a lot. You were right. They'll still probably need to add the finishing touches via trade/free agency but tanking may have worked.

Not sure the Eagles are really there. Although they could easily get there by starting Sanchez all year. I'd prefer to keep Bradford but that's just me. He was good down the stretch.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Really what about the Sixers makes you think tanking has worked? Three years into it and all those draft picks and assets have netted exactly one young potential superstar. They have nothing but scratch off tickets.

Comment

Sham Badford is not the answer

The Eagles need to tank like they did in 1998 and get a franchise QB to build around

Comment

Patience. In some cities, they can fix this shit overnight. Not here. We have to take the scenic route.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      Patience. In some cities, they can fix this shit overnight. Not here. We have to take the scenic route.
                      What's your honest opinion of Noel

Comment

I hate Duke players but I have Okafor ahead of him. Noel is a piece of the puzzle. I have zero doubt the NBA will make sure the Sixers don't get Simmons. No doubt. Noel may be the odd man out.

Comment

Im surprised you see noel as a legit player... At best, to me, he's just a guy with no special talent

Comment

New-and-Improved Tyrone Hill with a flat top.
                            Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-15-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              I hope they let Bradford walk (Houston), throw some stiff out there like chase Daniels, trade around a ton for extra picks, go 0-16, fire Roseman, draft Watson.

Patching this heap of shit won't help. This team needs to be nuked. Build around Fletcher Cox. The O is a goddamned mess. Old, devoid of difference makers. Just shit everywhere. Matthews is solid.

Pretty sure It's gonna be an ugly year.
                              This team needs a $20 million QB like Kelly Green needs a surf board.

Franchise Bradford and trade him for a second rounder. Or if Chip Kelly is bidding, two firsts.

Chase Daniel would be an excellent choice at QB next year.

This isn't terribly complicated. The team's ceiling next year is about six wins. They need to find a way to cut that in half for anything worthwhile to come from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X