Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chump should have built down, reloaded his first year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chump should have built down, reloaded his first year.

and rebuilt from there. Unfortunately he did not. Perhaps he didn't because he was not permitted to by the front office or perhaps he was arrogant enough to think he was smarter than everybody else,and could win right away.

Chump also threw away valuable building blocks.

My opinion is the new coach needs to clean house, keep viable building blocks (the Eagles do have a few IMO) and move on from there.

I don't know if that is complete tanking... I think it's just more letting things play out but it could mean a 4 win season.

If the 4 wins are at home against meaningful opponents I would accept that.

Problem is Howie is going to be playing the cards.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Yep.

Comment

I agree. They did get many wins from their D and special teams that year, which probably hurt the team in terms of draft position and expectations.

Who knows, if they lost more games they might've been in better position to draft Mariota who may not have gone back to school if he felt the Eagles could draft him. I've often felt that he would've declared for the draft if that was the case.
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        My opinion is the new coach needs to clean house, keep viable building blocks (the Eagles do have a few IMO) and move on from there.

I don't know if that is complete tanking... I think it's just more letting things play out but it could mean a 4 win season.
        I'd agree. Next season is going to be rough.

The problem is they have NO building blocks on offense. Not only that, the offensive dollars are invested in players that are either on their way out or will NOT help the rebuilding process.

The highest paid offensive players still under contract are:
        Jason Peters (10.3 mil per)- old, not willing to admit it
        DeMarco Murray (8 mil per)- awful
        Jason Kelce (6.25 mil per)- small, not ideal for many offenses
        Lane Johnson (4.9 mil per)- could be good, but LOVES talking to the media
        Riley Cooper (4.5 mil per)- HA!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/
        Last edited by Dan Drives a Van; 01-16-2016, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
          I'd agree. Next season is going to be rough.

The problem is they have NO building blocks on offense. Not only that, the offensive dollars are invested in players that are either on their way out or will NOT help the rebuilding process.

The highest paid offensive players still under contract are:
          Jason Peters (10.3 mil per)- old, not willing to admit it
          DeMarco Murray (8 mil per)- awful
          Jason Kelce (6.25 mil per)- small, not ideal for many offenses
          Lane Johnson (4.9 mil per)- could be good, but LOVES talking to the media
          Riley Cooper (4.5 mil per)- HA!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/
          Seriously, like I'm sympathetic to sometimes you have to let players go as cap casualties. But how did we lose Jackson, AND Maclin, AND McCoy in their primes and end up left STILL PAYING OUT THE ASS FOR CRAP LIKE MURRAY.

The reason you pay for your homegrown drafted talent is you know they already work in your system. It's much less of a gamble that way than bringing in a Murray that ends up just not fitting. There is no way it was sane to let all three of those players go. Blame Lurie. He is most responsible.
          Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 01-16-2016, 03:54 AM.

Comment

I think DeMarco will have a bounce back year with a fresh start.

Comment

It tells you all you need to know about Lurie that within in the span of a year he went from praising Kelly as a revolutionary coaching messiah to firing him before the season ended. He has no clue. He's a forrmer film industry exec (in his family's company) who inherited a ton of money but never had to build anything to success. This all makes sense to me.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The best way to 'build down' is to let Bradford go. That will get them out of purgatory and into starting over.

This front office has a better history of hitting in the first round when they're higher up in the draft order. I truly believe a season of tanking (yes, I said it) would create more buzz in this city than sitting through wasted seasons where we watch this team beat the Giants in a worthless game. The only question is the quarterback of the future out there? Watson? Who knows? By the way, they can only tank for a QB. Getting a OT or DE isn't solving the biggest need.

Also, there is no lottery to prevent this team from dropping down the draft board. The team that tanks the best get the top pick. While I've watched more LSU basketball games than Sixers games this year, it sucks that I know Ben Simmons will end up somewhere else. That won't happen in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                X