• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree 75%

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    Let I am Sam walk. Save $20m.
    Extend Sanchez.
    I expect him to reach Brady/Rodgers levels with Doug "QB whisperer" Pederson running the show.
    ...depends on how we use that extra $$.

Load that Oline up so even Sancheeze will look like a pro bowler and give me some one to stretch the field.

Reid always started with building up the lines, I hope that rubbed off on Pedey.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I was totally kidding about Sanchez. I want that Terd outta here

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Need to trade someone and get that two back. F'ng Kelly.
        I think Bradford is Houston's top target this off season. There's no reason to let them have him for nothing. Tag him and trade him for Houston's second round pick. If anyone else wants him, you have a nice bidding war on your hands.

Regardless of what we think of Bradford, he's the best QB on the market this year (including the draft). The tag is worth the risk to try to recover some value for him.

Comment

Hate to say it, but I think the Eagles have to franchise tag Bradford.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            I don't see another sensible option. You can't let him go for nothing, and you sure as hell don't give him a long term deal.

You have an obvious suitor out there, who's actually a really good fit for him. The Texans have to feel good about their chances of locking him up on a five year deal. If they covet Bradford, parting with a second round pick will be an afterthought.
            Last edited by The Duck; 01-17-2016, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I disagree. They might as well just let him walk if that's the case. That would just set them back. If you tag him, he's probably going somewhere else the following year.

Why would you want to potentially win additional games with Bradford if you're not going to keep him around? Just cut him and Sanchez and suck properly.

That being said, I think they should sign him for 3 or so years AND draft a QB to groom.

I don't understand how people think that they're going to be lucky enough to find a QB of the future that's going to be ready in a single season. The league is littered with average 1st round QBs like Tannehill, Carr, Bridgewater, etc. Guys who aren't significantly better than Bradford.

I'd rather pay Cox and pay Bradford and draft a bona fide 1st round player than potentially piss away a top pick reaching for a QB. 1st rounders are way more valuable than cap space. They need to add as many good players to this team as possible. Once they get a decent team built, any QB who plays here will look a lot better.
              Last edited by Melchior; 01-17-2016, 05:43 PM.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                Let I am Sam walk. Save $20m.
                Extend Sanchez.
                I expect him to reach Brady/Rodgers levels with Doug "QB whisperer" Pederson running the show.
                This, except don't extend Sanchez...no reason

Comment

Can a team trade a tagged player?
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Can you imagine Bradford

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                    I'd be okay with letting Bradford go. You need a top flight quarterback to have long term success. Rodgers was throwing to nobody's and could have won the game. Brady is Brady and the cupboard isn't bare there but he's done a lot with little in the past.

On the flip side, Smith was meh and notwithstanding that last play to Fitzgerald, the Cards won in spite of Palmer. Easily could have thrown 4 int's.

I think Bradford is a good qb but he's not an upper tier, franchise type qb. McNabb was that from 2000-2005. That's what we need again to win a championship.
                    Coming out into the defensive huddle with two minutes left in the game and amping up the defense like Cam Newton did? No, neither can I.
                    DB

Comment

Uh oh

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                      Exciting times for you people out in LA! Now that you have some options out there which team are you gonna support, Rams or Chargers?
                      You asked LALA a semi-personal question. He's going to spend the next three weeks taping tin foil to the cracks in his doors and windows to keep you from finding out anything about him. It'll be another four months before he has the courage to post here again.
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        Can a team trade a tagged player?
                        Yes. Matt Cassel, Jared Allen and Corey Williams were all given the franchise tag and then traded.

Comment

Didn't that happen with Trotter? Or did they just let him walk?
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                            Didn't that happen with Trotter? Or did they just let him walk?
                            They pulled the tag two months into the offseason, and let him go to a division rival for nothing.

Apparently, this is a relapsing/remitting condition with this franchise.

Comment

They did the same thing with someone else, can't remember who. May have been Corey Simon.

Comment

Cosmo, they can't win anything with Bradford. It's time to move on. What does being somewhat competitive accomplish? Who cares if this sucks? How long did it take McNabb to turn it around? My god. Enough is enough. Let the QB fall in this team's lap if they can't evaluate talent. Fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X