Good thing we didn't interview McDermott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing we didn't interview McDermott

Glad our coaching search was limited to people who can get along with Howie. That's what's important!
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Howie doesn't want anybody who will take his stapler.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

He was contacted.

And Lovie was contacted.

Wearnt interested.

Comment

It was either Brookover or Bowen early on in the search who said the reason they didn't interview him was he wasn't very complimentary of the organization when Reid fired him.

Comment

McDermott prolly figures he can do much better

He knows Lurie; and possibly his manservant also.

Comment

500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I have no idea if this is true but it doesn't really make a difference. If he wasn't interested I bet I know why. Hope it isnt true. How pathetic would it be to be turned down by an assistant you want to interview?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                It was either Brookover or Bowen early on in the search who said the reason they didn't interview him was he wasn't very complimentary of the organization when Reid fired him.
                I mean they did fire his brother the day he came back with the Panthers the next year. I can't imagine why he'd say anything bad about the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  Glad our coaching search was limited to people who can get along with Howie. That's what's important!
                  Turnstile defense this half.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I have no idea if this is true but it doesn't really make a difference. If he wasn't interested I bet I know why. Hope it isnt true. How pathetic would it be to be turned down by an assistant you want to interview?
                    I don't get the love. He's a DC under a great defensive HC with the most talented defense in the league, helped out by the best running offense in the league.

How does that make him a great HC candidate? He basically has the easiest job in the NFL.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

That D has been good for years. Rivera isn't calling the plays.

Comment

This place loves to hate McDermott. It's odd.

Comment

At the end of the day, the point is that this franchise is handicapped by Howie's presence.

Comment

At the end of the day, the point is that this franchise is handicapped by Howie's presence.
                            Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                            X