I Want a Lights Out Defense....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want a Lights Out Defense....

and a solid game manager at QB that does not turn the ball over with a good drive sustaining running game.

I heard on TV last week of the 8 teams left this past weekend that none of them were ranked lower than 12th in Total D. So basically 8 of the top 12 Defenses were in the Divisional playoffs.

shut up

stop posting
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      and a solid game manager at QB that does not turn the ball over with a good drive sustaining running game.

I heard on TV last week of the 8 teams left this past weekend that none of them were ranked lower than 12th in Total D. So basically 8 of the top 12 Defenses were in the Divisional playoffs.
      You can win a Super Bowl with a mediocre HC and and average QB. But you need Buddy Ryan's defense. The 1985 Bears would be fine with me. Pederson can't be dumber than Mike Ditka and Sam is no worse than McMahon. Can Demarco Murray play like Walter Payton for one year? Can we get a Willie Gault to stretch the defense? It has been done before. Jon Gruden, Brian Bilick, and Mike Flores did it too: all mediocre HCs that won the Ring. So the question is: Is Schwartz the next Buddy Ryan?

Comment

Me too, but.....

...it's tough to get. You really do have to hit on a perennial Pro Bowl player at a key defensive position and to me those are (and in no particular order) defensive end, sideline-to-sideline linebacker, sideline-to-sideline safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
          ...it's tough to get. You really do have to hit on a perennial Pro Bowl player at a key defensive position and to me those are (and in no particular order) defensive end, sideline-to-sideline linebacker, sideline-to-sideline safety.
          Reggie, Bergey, and Bdawk--in no particular order. Yup, that would work.

Comment

Who is this fool?
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
              Who is this fool?
              Just an Eagles fan. Do you think the team does not need a good defense? I am assuming we have a mediocre coach and an average QB. So how do you win? Defense. I really don't see that as foolish. If you have another opinion, I'd be glad to hear it.

Comment

I don't know this fool

"I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by KingsessingBob View Post
                  Just an Eagles fan. Do you think the team does not need a good defense? I am assuming we have a mediocre coach and an average QB. So how do you win? Defense. I really don't see that as foolish. If you have another opinion, I'd be glad to hear it.

Comment

I think you missed your turn...you were looking for the wangnutz exit.

Comment

Working...
                    X