LeSean on Doug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeSean on Doug

McCoy was very complimentary of the organization and their new coach since the departure of Kelly. "Doug, I know him very well," McCoy said. "Offensively, he’s a good coach. I think he has the quarterbacks playing at a high level. He’s there. He understands the players. You can have a talk with him and they can meet on equal ground and kind of figure it out together. "I think he’ll be successful [in Philadelphia]. I’m not sure overall as a team, but offensively, I know he’ll do well…When he was there with the Eagles, he did a hell of a job.
    Per PFT via CBS Philly

More of the same, players coach, etc. Of course, McCoy would probably compliment El Chapo if he succeeded Chip. Still it's encouraging that his players universally like and respect him.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Roach and Maxwell for Shady and Gillmore straight up?

Rex is a dumbass he may go for it

Comment

One thing that seems to have slipped through the cracks is Dougie's role when he first came to the Eagles. Yeah, he took a lot of crap for being the starter while McNabb learned, but one of his roles was to help teach Reid's WCO system to the rest of the offense. And apparently he did develop a good rapport with the players - especially the receivers. It's a strong positive to me to see that he is somebody who can actually communicate and work with the players, rather than being their taskmaster.

Comment

Exactly. I keep saying it, but given the situation right now, I think that is going to go a long way. If he surrounds himself with the right people that will also go a long way on Sundays. Most of the best leaders I have been around professionally have two traits in common: They know how to relate to and empathize with other people and they surround themselves with people who are smarter than they are.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
        X