Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone still want us to sign Bradford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone still want us to sign Bradford?

I say franchise him and get your 2nd rounder back from another team for him. Sign a geezer, draft a QB
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

I'm over it. Time to start fresh and let Doug get his qb.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

That's where I am. Franchise to get some control over his contract, then trade to recoup the lost draft pick (or picks if possible).

Comment

I'd tag him with the goal of trading him. If I couldn't I'd remove the tag and let him walk.

Why would Pederson do it? That's what i keep going back to. He'd have better chance of survival starting over with that "I have to break this down and rebuild it" route over the bandaid shit that they (we) always do and it never works.

Suck next year and hope for #1 pick. I'd much rather do that to ensure they get D Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          I say franchise him and get your 2nd rounder back from another team for him. Sign a geezer, draft a QB
          I'm not sure if he has a 2nd round value, but that's probably what I would do at this point. I just don't see the point of him coming back, even for one more year.

Comment

who???

what geezer and who to draft?

I've never been in favor of paying this guy what it will cost to keep him. The other point is we probably aren't winning this year with him, either, so he is a luxury. probably best to just tear the whole thing down...

well, we've still never lost a tailgayte.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

The free agent list at this point is kinda scary (list from...ahem...rotoworld):

Kirk Cousins
              Ryan Fitzpatrick
              Sam Bradford
              Brock Osweiler
              Chase Daniel
              Matt Moore
              Tarvaris Jackson
              Chad Henne
              Matt Schaub
              Brandon Weeden
              Jimmy Clausen
              Colt McCoy
              Matt Hasselbeck
              Drew Stanton
              Dan Orlovsky
              Bruce Gradkowski
              Charlie Whitehurst
              T.J. Yates
              Matt Cassel
              Luke McCown
              Scott Tolzien
              Michael Vick
              Matt Flynn
              Kellen Clemens
              Josh Freeman

Comment

well there you have it

and I cant see the top two on your list leaving their current teams. the rest is pretty much pure garbage.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Chase Daniel keeps getting mentioned. Played for Dougie on the Chiefs. Not particularly good, but at least someone familiar with his system who can play until Doug gets his guy.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The one name that pops out to me is Chase Daniel. He was Alex Smith's backup in KC. He could very well be our next Doug Pederson, should Dougie decide to start fresh with a new QB.

Comment

Not sure DP doesn't go with Sanchez, could be why he brought in his old QB coach?

Comment

I could see Daniel for sure and maybe Flynn as a plan B. Sanchez might stick. Let those 3 battle it out for starter.

I would absolutely tank this season and rebuild if I was Dougie Tech.

Comment

Everything I'm reading says Sam would be crazy not to resign here because of Doug, Reich and Flip...great trio to make a QB good and I agree. It's gonna come down to how the team views him though...do they want him. I say not at the salary he's gonna want.

Comment

Maybe not

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                            I'm not sure if he has a 2nd round value, but that's probably what I would do at this point. I just don't see the point of him coming back, even for one more year.
                            But I'd settle for Sam and a 3rd for a 2nd or Sam and a 4th for a 2nd.

Comment

Time to move on. This team is years away from serious contention. Better to get a pick and start looking someone in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X