this is not a football bored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is not a football bored

hoop heads who have never been here need to put it on their bucket list.

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss...&id=365775501&
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I've never been. Definitely on my to-do list.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

we had a GAYte there years ago

Loki and IE and Doug (the guy who wound up selling me and Diggle his season tickets) went. I think we saw Penn vs. St. Blows.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Let's do it again. Would love to. We should do a Sixers gayte. The last one was fun. I'm sure Les would come again.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

bill lyon waxes poetic

another good article.

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/p...k&id=365468551
          May 7, 2010

Comment

And we met in a parking lot to head into the city.

All I remember about your Saturn were the empty condom boxes and pile of Russian Stripper panties in the back seat...kidding...it was so long ago, I believe you were still married.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Cliff Crispin once told me a story about Bill Cosby

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              hoop heads who have never been here need to put it on their bucket list.

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss...&id=365775501&
              Cliff was the star of the great Temple Final Four team and Bill Cosby was a backup. He died in 2010. I used to shoot HORSE with Cliff and obviously could never beat him. He could hit a jump shot that drained the net every time. I never asked him why he didn't turn pro. I think he could have done it if he had wanted to. He chose to coach high school basketball and baseball in South Jersey. He was a teacher, coach and athletic director and he coached youth teams to state and national titles. A great man.

Anyway, he told me that Bill Cosby was a crackup even as a young guy. They all figured he would end up being a comedian. He was always joking and clowning around. He would have them laughing every practice and every game. On the day of their first tournament game, Cosby got on top of the lockers and as the team came in, he started running over the tops of the lockers, singing the Fight Song at the top of his lungs. Jumping up and down, jumping from one row of lockers to another, screaming and flapping his wings. Cliff said it as a wonder he didn't kill himself. But he also said it loosened them all up and they played great.

In later years, Cliff would play on high school faculty teams and play other schools across Jersey. What a player he was even in his later years. He was so much better than everyone else on the court--no matter whose court. He'd still pass the ball around though and was a team guy to the end. A legend.
              Last edited by KingsessingBob; 01-20-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Leave.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                  Leave.
                  Fuck you.

Comment

I still don't know this fool
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Let's do it again. Would love to. We should do a Sixers gayte. The last one was fun. I'm sure Les would come again.
                      Any bball gayte would be a nice break from the monotony
                      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

That would be cool....

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        ...the last one I attended was fun, don't remember the game but I do remember the jokes and people who attended.

Fun time.
                        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

No one cares.
                          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Also not true. Crispin sucked and didn't even see the court
                            I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                            X