No announcement yet.

Wonder if anything is going to happen to PInnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes ... aside from insulting Kelce, I'm not sure how using it as a metaphor (whether valid or not) when clearly referencing Malcolm's X's use of the term (which is an historical fact) isn't right.

EDITED TO ADD: Well, that's not completely true. I understand how it is a poor choice of words, but I don't see it as a firing offense. I truly do not think Innes had any racist intent.
    Last edited by slag; 01-20-2016, 01:08 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Would think they'd suspend him today if anything was going to happen

Yeah I heard his explanation yesterday too.
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Yeah, I understand that it was a phrase historically used with a certain meaning attached to it. I just think using that particular term to describe the situation was inappropriate. Just my opinion. Maybe he shouldn't be fired. He made a mistake. He apologized. I'm not the audience that would take most offense, anyway.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

PInnes "off next three days"

According to Jody Mac who is filling in. Supposedly going to be back Monday.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Is it fair...

To say he could have accomplished the same by calling Kelce a "Brown Nose"?
            Seems to me he knowingly was pushing race, for whatever reason.

Comment

Doesn't seem that way to me.

He used "Eddie Haskell" as well.

I don't see any knowing "pushing race" whatsoever ... it makes zero sense.

In fact, it looks more like the opposite of "knowing" anything and that he actually had watched Malcolm X the day before and used something fresh in his mind ... without thinking at all.

If he had taken the time to think about it, he might have realized the PC shitstorm that would ensue.
              Last edited by slag; 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Racist or not, this was just plain stupid and he should not have used a term that is disgusting and insightful. The perfect solution would be for Kelce to seem and re-arrange his face.
                Last edited by si Si Pedro; 01-20-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I guess that's my question..

Appreciate the response Slag, do you think that he was purposely looking to stir up a "PC shitstorm"?
                  On a way different topic, I thought it was pure bs for Les to go to Chips house.
                  They're hoping to create a shitstorm....

Comment

What?

Comment

No, I actually don't think he thought about it at all and simply wanted to call Kelce a management ass kisser.

That's shit-stormy enough, but I don't think he was trying to compound the shit storm with a metaphor that, considering the reaction, appears to be off limits in today's PC culture regardless of the intent.

Comment

Do you think calling someone a "house negroe" is acceptable in any non-historical context? I'm not very PC and it just strikes me as inappropriate on its face.

I have a really diverse group of friends. We shit on each other non-stop. Race is fair game. Yet, I don't think I would ever call one of them a "house negroe" even in jest. I don't know, maybe I'm off here.

Comment

Assuming it was simply a metaphor for a kiss ass, I don't see it as overly offensive to anyone but Kelce there, but I'm not black.

On the other hand, I am Jewish, and if Kelce had been Chip's rule enforcer in the locker room and Innes called him a concentration camp "kapo" I might think it was a bit over the top but I wouldn't be raising a lynch mob.
                          Last edited by slag; 01-20-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Fair enough. I mean, there are certainly worse things one could say and I don't at all think he is racist or anything like that. Just an idiot. And like I said earlier, I'm probably biased in the sense that I think he is terrible on the air anyway.
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-20-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X