No announcement yet.

So who will the new VP of Personnel be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who will the new VP of Personnel be?

The way you heard Jeffrey talk about it, it sounds like they really are going to being aiming for a heavy hitter.

If that's the case, Howie is back to shuffling contracts and jocks again.

Personally, I think his admittance to being the one that picked Smith and Watson and the look on his face when he said it seemed to indicate that he knows he got his shot, and even though Chip hung himself with the rope they gave him, Howie knew that he wasn't going to get the chance to make the picks again.

Can't wait for the "league sources" to give an inkling as to whom Jeffrey is interviewing.
    Last edited by Loki; 01-20-2016, 02:29 PM.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

You already suspect it

Comment

I need to voice my football opinions

It's important that I get this stuff out there.

Comment

Eeeeeeeeeegh
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I would look hard at the past 5-7 drafts and see who has done the best. Then I would take the 2nd in command there (provided he's not already a GM elsewhere) and bring him in if I knew for sure he had a large say in the team's selections.

Comment

I think Washington already did that.

Comment

McCoghlan (or however you spell it) was technically working as an independent consultant or hired gun for a yesr or so before Snyder snagged him. Believe he was having serious drinking problem in Seattle and needed some time away.

Also, appears to be working out nicely for them.

That's what they (not we) need to do as well.

Comment

I would look at guys from the staff Reggie Mackenzie put together in Oakland when he went there from Green Bay in 2012. The Raiders have had some real strong drafts in recent years.

sio moore, gabe jackson, khalil mack, derek carr, amari cooper.

I know some of these guys were picked real early but the Eagles are gonna find themselves in that situation soon enough. And grabbing Derek Carr shows they know how to pull a starting QB in the mid rounds.

Howie is gonna be the kid in charge but he is really gonna need someone who can identify difference makers consistently with top picks if he is gonna have any type of success in a role he clearly cant handle at this point.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Having to work for Howie...

likely would have driven him to an eight ball along with the liquor.

Comment

Working...
                  X