Your Wide Receivers Coach Greg Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Wide Receivers Coach Greg Lewis

...brings the disappointing Harold Charmichael area to an end. He was one of my favorite players and an all-time Eagles great, yet on the surface he seemed to do nothing for this young wide receivers corp. It's surprising and sad that he couldn't teach these youngsters how to hold onto the ball, when he did it so well. We saw and heard very little from #17 throughout his tenure, compared to someone like Duce.

My understanding was Carmichael ....

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
    ...brings the disappointing Harold Charmichael area to an end. He was one of my favorite players and an all-time Eagles great, yet on the surface he seemed to do nothing for this young wide receivers corp. It's surprising and sad that he couldn't teach these youngsters how to hold onto the ball, when he did it so well. We saw and heard very little from #17 throughout his tenure, compared to someone like Duce.
    ....was part of public relations, not a coach.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Thanks, that explains a lot.

Nm

Comment

funny how Harold bowed out this year..

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
        another thing that led me to believe things were rotten on the chip ship...I hope he does come back around.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          I think he may also have had a role as an adviser to players... Sort of like a life mentor, not a football coach.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I think he may also have had a role as an adviser to players... Sort of like a life mentor, not a football coach.
            HC was always a big part of training camp, but was not an in-season coach.

Bob Bicknell was the full-time WR coach, and he followed Chip to San Fran.

I didn't realize that HC had not had a role this past Training Camp. If that's true, I have to think that would have been a big indicator to Lurie that the team was moving away from the tradition he was trying to keep alive.

Gotta think there's a better chance of him getting back involved with the current staff. Chip's WR coach leaves, and the WR coach is basically an alumni hire who could probably use the help....

Comment

I don't think HC was ever part of the Eagles coaching staff.

"Carmichael was the Director of Player Development and Alumni for the Eagles from 1998−2014, and a Fan Engagement Liaison from 2014−2015, before retiring again in 2015."

Not sure what led you to believe he ever coached WR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                I don't think HC was ever part of the Eagles coaching staff.

"Carmichael was the Director of Player Development and Alumni for the Eagles from 1998−2014, and a Fan Engagement Liaison from 2014−2015, before retiring again in 2015."

Not sure what led you to believe he ever coached WR's.
                Exactly. He did (and I'm assuming still does) have a supportive role during training camp and practices. But he was never an official coach. There was always some bullshit title to make sure that he got paid for his contributions.
                Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 01-21-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X