So Lurie hired a "nice guy" as coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Lurie hired a "nice guy" as coach

Because Jeffie wants a kinder, friendlier organization. Well, you know what? I don't care about a good workplace. I don't care when the holiday party is held. I don't want a "nice" coach. I want the kind of coach that eats bricks. Not the kind laying around on the ground, either. The kind right off the buildings. Bill Walsh was an asshole. Bill Parcells was an asshole. Bill Belicheat is an asshole. (Weird "Bill" thing going on here). Bud Grant and Marv Levy were "nice guys."

Screw nice guys. Particularly nice guy Andy Reid mentored losers that look like they have acromegaly. I want a guy who eats I-beams and shits thumbtacks.
    DB

Wasn't there an asshole here recently?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

An incompetent asshole

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Wasn't there an asshole here recently?
      Now we have a nice guy incompetent.
      DB

Comment

We shall see ... on both fronts.

Comment

Hmm...

So you're saying that if the younger versions of Bud Grant or Marv Albert were out there, you wouldn't take them as your head coach?
          Last edited by Marinate03; 01-21-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Between them, they have

Originally posted by Marinate03 View Post
            So you're saying that if the younger versions of Bud Grant or Marv Albert were out there, you wouldn't take them as your head coach?
            ZERO Super Bowl wins. We've got that right now. So, no.
            DB

Comment

I think Marv Albert would be great ... not as good as Herb Albert ... but still dynamite.

Comment

If you want sheer brainpower though

Originally posted by slag View Post
                I think Marv Albert would be great ... not as good as Herb Albert ... but still dynamite.
                You've got to go with Albert Einstein. But if you're going with nervous anxious types, you've got to go with Albert Brooks.
                DB

Comment

it had to be this way....

After the chip disaster, Lurie wasn't going after someone he didn't know. He needed to start out with a high comfort level. Someone he was familiar with and doesn't stir the waters. He got his man.

We also have to accept the this roster is not strong but has a scattering of very good players. I think the D may surprise us because they won't have to spend the entire game on the field. And the new DC brings an attitude that has been missing and some success with other teams.

Who knows what will happen but at least we get something that had to happen......CHANGE.

Comment

Is this Barak Obama?

Comment

Yeah...I should have said......HOPE

Comment

Doug Pederson already confirmed he was goofy when he had that dumb ass explanation at the PC about not wanting to give Tom Brady the ball back and they were down 14

Comment

Damn.. I fucked that up. My argument is null and void.

Comment

Working...
                          X