Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Shurmur is the TE coach now

Gotta get paid I guess.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

I forgot to mention for the Vikings.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Of the Vikings, right?

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      Gotta get paid I guess.
      Or did I miss Pederson's last-gasp attempt to keep Shurmur's wealth of knowledge in Philly?

Comment

Yeah I left off the Vikings. I can't believe Pat wasn't kept in some role for the team. He knows the players strengths and weaknesses, but I guess Peds doesn't need the info.

Comment

I think it was Diggle

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
          Yeah I left off the Vikings. I can't believe Pat wasn't kept in some role for the team. He knows the players strengths and weaknesses, but I guess Peds doesn't need the info.
          who first suggested that as much Kelly-stink that can get off the team, the better.

I am fine with Duce, Undlin and Stoutland staying as just position coaches, although Stoutland didn't help develop Barbre, Gardner, or Tobin much, and Duce didn't change Kelly's mind on the RB situations.

Fipp staying seems like a no-brainer.

Once Reich was hired, it would seem odd to keep Shurmur around.

Comment

For all we know

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            although Stoutland didn't help develop Barbre, Gardner, or Tobin much.
            He made them serviceable. They're all terrible.

Lane seems to be coming along pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Duce didn't change Kelly's mind on the RB situations
              Duce was in an untenable situation and probably was the guy who kept the Roach from going totally nuclear.

Still Kelly goes out of his way to call Rathman the best RB coach in the league. How was the Niners running game last year? Asshole.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
              X