Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously: At this point in my NFL life....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously: At this point in my NFL life....

I could care less who's in the Super Bowl or who wins the game. Any result is disappointing. The commercials aren't even that good. I would be more entertained by Bryan Cranston cooking up some crystal meth. I've been telling myself for a few years now that I'm going to do dinner and a movie while the Super Bowl is on and this might be the year I go through with it. Totally disinterested. Even the pittance I could win playing "boxes" bores me. BTW, there's no right and wrong in this. It's my life and my opinion. Thanks, Jeff Lurie!

Hahaha

It is your life TGP, and I am starting to feel your angst against the NFL and this teams FO

With that said I going to watch the game and enjoy two well coached and talented defenses duke it out, should be a good one his year.

'Merica

Comment

Completely agree ... it's nothing but an excuse to drink, and eat some grease and sodium, with my friends.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah...so excited to see.....

talented people like DeMarcus Ware playing in a Super Bowl.

Comment

I'm particularly excited to see an expansion team get a SB before the Eagles. Hilarious.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Keep pounding!

Comment

They have brought you to this....

This franchise has brought even the most rabid of Eagle fans to the point of wondering if it's worth it to continue on or just off themselves.

After they finally realized what Chip had wrought, ( it actually took some of them halfway into this season for some incomprehensible reason). They began their assault on the sport itself. The refs, McMahon this...McMahon that. The players, the coaches. And now, nobody cares about the Super Bowl. The whining is starting to rust my iPad.

Shame. This has been a very good season filled with great team and individual efforts. And it's concluded with a very intriguing Super Bowl as we learn if the new QB is ready to take over from the HOF QB.

So, stop the complaining. The commercials will be good. The dips and the Chili will be good. Even the game might be good for a while. Well, maybe not.

Farewell. I'm a goner.

Comment

Yeah that's nuts to think about

I go back to the 70's with this team. That's a long time. Some "anonymous" f*cking j*rkoffs on here want to call it whining on my part to get a rise out of me, but to me it has been just a huge investment in time and money with no payoff. Simple as that. Another thing people don't get is I live among Giants fans. You know what THAT is like. Sheer torture.

Comment

Yeah, most of my friends have seen their team win multiple SB's (not the Jets fans, they're as pathetic as we are). My wife has seen two since we met. It sucks, but I care less and less each year. Maybe I'll get one before I die. That would be cool.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'm sort of getting numb about it.

Fucking Lurie makes the same mistakes over and over again in regard to getting people in here to run his team. What does Smolenski even do? What is his pedigree? As for Howie...I've said enough about that Joe Banner Lite Mel Kiper channeling motherfucker.

Once again, AFUCKINGGAIN...he hires a head coach and THEN talks about bringing a GM type in. Why didn't he learn from the last few times that has been fucked up? For someone with a PhD and is supposed to be so smart. He reminds me of the Steely Dan song:

You've been tellin' me you're a genius since you were seventeen
                    In all the time I've known you, I still don't know what you mean
                    The weekend at the college didn't turn out like you planned
                    The things that pass for knowledge, I can't understand
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

HC before a GM

That's like making Juan Castillo your DC from the OL

Comment

Or picking the guy no one thought would be a head coach

over a guy whose defense is contributing hugely to his team getting to the Super Bowl and who everyone thought would have a shot at a head coaching job after the season.

Oh...wait...he hit Howie with a snowball during recess...forget Sean.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Sean laughed at Howie's 6th grade flag football participation trophy.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Sean pointed and giggled when he saw Howie show up at practice in shorts and a visor

Comment

A Football Life: TGP. Episode highlights include pissing in PVC pipes, a badass winter hat, and loads of gay stuff.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X