No announcement yet.

New Deal for Celek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard 4Life! The only way you leave is in a body bag.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!

You are the BEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        I would have done a 1 year lower $$$ only honestly. Love what he's done here but this just seems like way too much guaranteed money for a good blocking TE
        We don't really know the structure of the deal, though. Maybe it's one that's easy to get out of after this year, but will give them cap room now.

I think it's smart to keep him here and invested. He's a lunch-pail type that can really help a new coach trying to change the vibe in the locker-room.

Comment

Can he help them get better from today forward? I wouldn't bet $6m guaranteed on that.

He was ranked in bottom 3rd in blocking efficiency by PFT (I think it was them).

I'd rather see Burton get his reps so unless Burton is going to FB this deal makes very little sense to me.

Even going to a 2 TE model I think you're putting a guy way past his prime out there on a regular basis.

Hope it works out. We will see.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-27-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Cap savings aside, this is a smart move. Celek's value at this point involves blocking as much as receiving, and this O line needs as much help as it can get.

Comment

Winning will also pull him hack in.

Comment

Sorry to all for my misspelling back.

Comment

That's ok. We understand that you're in your one room cabin in Montana at the foot of a mountain shivering while you type.
                  Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
                  X