What is this bored about anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this bored about anyway?

Well obviously we like to talk Eagles football.

But beyond that we like to talk about our lives and things that amuse ourselves.

Most of us are from the Philadelphia / South Jersey / East Pennsy / Delaware area.

But a lot of members are not originally from the region. If you are a person like this how do you relate to the majority who are from the Phila. area?

I think we have a good community here but I am always worried that one troll could blow it up.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

shut up stop posting

Yeah would be interesting to hear from those that were never from around here
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
      Yeah would be interesting to hear from those that were never from around here
      Diccardo

hahaha
      --------

Comment

People outside the region generally seem to think that we are crass, boorish, neanderthal, Shrek looking types that will boo anything, including Santa Claus, without merit. There's no way to convince them that everyone is not like Loki.

WHAM!

Comment

It's about breakin' balls a little bit

and you're getting fuckin' fresh ... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you ... now go home an get your shine box.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

exactly, if you dish it out around here

you better be able to take it..I often say to people I meet at games,,," you don't know who Larry Ferrari is???? you got to be fucking kidding me!!! where did you get your 1st buster browns,,,bwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! I love Philly
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

I grew up in the NYC area, but have been an Eagles fan for as long as I can remember because my dad wasn't really into football and I wanted Randall Cunningham to be my second dad. The Eagles have always been more of an obsession than any other teams and for some reason, even though I really had no connection to Philly, I kind of identified with the people/fans and resented the elitist vibe of many NY fans.

I joined this board about 10 years ago while studying for the bar exam. The countless hours spent on here and personal relationships I've developed really enhanced my (perceived) connection with Philly. I'd find myself getting offended if people insulted the city. So when we moved to the area 5 years ago, from a sports perspective, it was like coming home or something. It was easy to adopt the other major sports teams. I'd worry about being a band wagon jumper but for the fact that the teams kind of suck.

Anyhow, NYC will always be the best city in the world to me, but I love Philly, particularly the people, in large part because of this board. It's very much a part of who I am. It still baffles my wife as much as it did when I went on a "blind date with a guy I met on the internet" (Slizz) all those years ago.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

its kinda like the Diner in Sienfeld

you have your regulars who come every day ,,sit down have coffee,,discuss things from, Co workers, to relationships and who missed a tackle, or what draft pick suck balls,,,,,that's how I see it,,a table where I sit with some friends and Acquaintances; talk shit, sports, family. You have your influx of Dayers, boat riders, trolls, and gawkers, lurkers, I'd say 50% of the trolls are Members!
                Last edited by TRENT; 01-31-2016, 11:51 AM.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                  you have your regulars who come every day ,,sit down have coffee,,discuss things form, Co workers, to relationships and who missed a tackle, or what draft pick suck balls,,,,,that's how I see it,,a table where I sit with some friends and Acquaintances; talk shit, sports, family. You have your influx of Dayers, boat riders, trolls, and gawkers, lurkers, I'd say 50% of the trolls are Members!
                  I'd still like to take that stack of CD's you had. I'll give you my address and pay for the shipping cost.
                  --------

Comment

You picked the right guy
                    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Me

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

But beyond that we like to talk about our lives and things that amuse ourselves.

Most of us are from the Philadelphia / South Jersey / East Pennsy / Delaware area.

But a lot of members are not originally from the region. If you are a person like this how do you relate to the majority who are from the Phila. area?

I think we have a good community here but I am always worried that one troll could blow it up.
                      Just being me.
                      DB

Comment

That's the kind of shit that makes this place special. The hilarious stuff that goes down off the board. Jimmy Dean!!
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Speaking from personal experience

It can definitely be a shock to the system if it's your first ever time being on the bored. The standard response is not something noobs would be expecting. They think we all want to break down Peddy's X's and O's forever. For me, after I got the initial barrage, I left for a bit but decided to come back because I liked that it wasn't the same old company spin that you get at Pravda. I was already hooked on the place, but getting to come to gaytes and meet you guys face to face completely sealed the deal. I'm a lifer. I'll be here until you decide to unplug the place.
                          Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 01-31-2016, 11:26 AM.
                          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

You either get it or you don't ....

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

.....a group of people who were brought together by a common passion for the Eagles and has grown to encompass life events and what not. The friendships are real and more than just bored "names".
                            Many originals remain, like life, others have moved on. Still more have joined and became friends.

You either get this place or you don't.This place wasn't made for everyone. Folks that bitch about core members, bored, regular, circle jerk, group blah blah... Need to either get with the rhythm or nut up and make their own place on the internet because it's obvious you don't get it.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

My wife doesnt get it. Shes used to get mad when she saw me on Igglephans, now she just looks and moves on. I love this place and the relationships I've made because of it. I am obviously not from Philadelphia or the US, but it doesn't matter. Through all my experiences with Americans, they don't care where you're from. If you're a decent person you're in. Its the same with eveyrone from the board, show up at a Gayte, regardless of your board persona and you're accepted. Be a dick there though and you're feck'd. I've been an Eagles fan since I was 14 and a Flyers fan when they were wearing Cooper All pants. Eagles fans get lumped into a stereo type that I think some of us honestly like, hard ass unforgiving fans. Maybe in someway because Philadelphia is much the same, hard ass and unforgiving.

Thanks for putting up with this Canadian on the BORED.
                              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Working...
                              X