• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Foles be back in midnite green? Hmm

Could be

No franchise tag on Bradford
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

That would be so F%$ked up!!!! Pissed away a draft pick....

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
    Could be

and 13M bucks for what??

Comment

A couple of thoughts

Could be

I don't think Bradford can be franchise-tagged until something like March 7 (two days before FA?).

Second-it is intriguing that these Howie deals are getting done and moving the team closer to the salary cap. However-I think there will also be a purge after the feel-good extensions: Ryans, KKKooper, etc., leaving some, but not a lot of cap room.

Foles coming back to Philly seems unlikely at best. He doesn't seem like a viable reclamation project. I am thinking Pederson might do the Chase Daniel, build the line, draft a QB, and live off the defense.

edit: Seeing the Scheffer tweet, and seeing the Feb. 16 start for tagging.
      Last edited by Pete; 02-07-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Oh Noooo!!

Please God Nooooo!!!
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

If Foles did come back, I think they would also draft a qb and Foles would serve as the stopgap. I'd rather see Foles than Sanchez.

Comment

I don't think it's a bad idea. Still draft a rookie and let him develop behind Foles and compete with him a little later. Also, I think this could be Howie trying to show how dumb Chip was for doing the deal in the first place.
            Last edited by murph12; 02-07-2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TOB_2 View Post
              and 13M bucks for what??
              8 Million, 13 is next season

Comment

Awful idea.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  Awful idea.
                  The quarterback wheels are spinning in Philly. Schefter reported Sunday the Eagles are no longer planning to place the franchise tag on Sam Bradford and now it looks like Pederson is gearing up for a reunion with Foles. Pederson was the Eagles' quarterback coach when the team drafted Foles in 2012. Foles is coming off a dreadful year in St. Louis but the $7.75 million he'll make in 2016 ($1.75 million base salary plus a $6 million roster bonus) is far less than what Bradford will sign for in free agency. It's unclear what the Rams would be looking for in a trade for Foles.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    Awful idea.
                    Which one, Foles coming back or him over Sanchez or Foles a stopgap while drafting a QB?

Comment

Yeah and your brian gears are jamming, thats a stupid idea.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Yes.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

If Foles did come back, I think they would also draft a qb and Foles would serve as the stopgap. I'd rather see Foles than Sanchez.
                          I would not be opposed to this. We've seen the best of Sanchez, and it wasn't good.

Don't think Foles is a franchise QB, but I think he would help re-establish a positive team culture. My favorite moment of the Chip Kelly era was Jason Peters and the entire team coming to Foles' defense after the cheap-shot by Baker in the Washington game. That told me a lot about Foles as a teammate and leader. I think Kelly didn't understand the importance of moments like that.

Cut Sanchez, bring Foles back for cheap, let Sam walk, and draft a QB, and I'm happy.

Comment

Maybe they can get Foles back for a 2nd round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                              Maybe they can get Foles back for a 2nd round pick.
                              My thought exactly.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                              X