UBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBER

First time using it tonite. Nothing but kudos, on time , nice clean car, friendly driver.

Just used it on Friday for the first time

Love it.

Comment

My son uses it all the time. Works great and its less painful than a DUI.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        My son uses it all the time. Works great and its less painful than a DUI.

Yup, my son uses it because of a DUI, he would be screwed without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
          First time using it tonite. Nothing but kudos, on time , nice clean car, friendly driver.
          I use it whenever I get into my home airport late. Without surge it's a $15-$20 ride and I've never had a surge fair for that ride. Way cheaper than parking or taking a taxi.

My cousin is an Uber driver on the side and he has had some pretty interesting clients.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Service is ok, especially for those outside of a city with decent taxi coverage but you know their end game is going to be to monopolize everything and jack up the rates.

In Manhattan, I hail a yellow cab. Outside of Manhattan, Uber is more convenient except for locations with dedicated taxi stands like the Hoboken PATH station, etc.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              Service is ok, especially for those outside of a city with decent taxi coverage but you know their end game is going to be to monopolize everything and jack up the rates.

In Manhattan, I hail a yellow cab. Outside of Manhattan, Uber is more convenient except for locations with dedicated taxi stands like the Hoboken PATH station, etc.
              So far (at least in the Baltimore and Charleston, SC metros) the rates keep falling and they keep hiring drivers. I'm curious when "terminal Uber" will be reached in terms of drivers.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Take a Lyft?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  Take a Lyft?

Uber has so much VC funding I just cant see opposing companies like Lyft being successful in combating them. Just my opinion.

Uber just cut their fares to lower than yellow cab rates in Manhattan. That is not a move to maximize their profit... it's a move to kill their competition, IMO. The maximization of profit will take place after the competition is killed off.
                  --------

Comment

It's great until you get picked up by an axe murderer

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                    nm
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                      nm
                      Uber does not tend to vet their drivers and there have been a number of sexual assult cases involving their drivers.

http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/rideshare-incidents
                      --------

Comment

Driving a 55 gallon drum
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

who are we....

"We are an initiative of the Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association (TLPA). TLPA has been the leading source of for-hire vehicle industry knowledge since its founding in 1917."
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                            "We are an initiative of the Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association (TLPA). TLPA has been the leading source of for-hire vehicle industry knowledge since its founding in 1917."
                            And who is Uber? Just a bunch of VCs There is no doubt in my mind that uber is attempting to skirt regulations. As I stated before they might be ok if you need a ride in a place that does not have good taxi service... but if you get hurt in an accident, good luck.
                            --------

Comment

I think I ubered 6x this weekend. We're all about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X