lets summarize the last year in the Eagles organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets summarize the last year in the Eagles organization

Starts with Chip and Tom Gambles relationship. WangNutsChip doesnt trust pencil neck dweeb Howie (not a football guy) and buddies up to Gamble. Howie feels the pinch and starts plotting.

Chip draws his line in the sand. Demands full control bc he doesnt trust Howie. Thinks he can get Gamble as GM and Howie out. Howie has too much power in the org to be fired. Gamble is collateral damage in Chips negotiating full control. Because no real personelle exec would come to Eagles with Howie still around, Chip was forced to go with Manowitz.

Then the offseason follies begin with...

Bradford (come on really...that 2nd rounder hurts)

Maxwell signing (not as bad as fans make out to be)

Shady for Kiko (gotta get better value there)

Then not going up on the money for Maclin (gotta forsee the increase in cap and the deals for WRs in the coming years - overpay year 1, super steal by year 3 when cap is 30 mil higher and 5 deals higher)

Panicked from not getting Maclin, signing Demarco.

Meanwhile, the locker room sours with some beloved players gone. Chip isnt a warm and fuzzy leader. Players resent the guy asking them to wear things like sleep moniters and practicing so much.

Season starts. Losing. Howie in Luries ear the whole time. Players bail on Chip. Lurie takes organizational pulse and decides to become more visible. Last straw 7-9 season. Chip gone.

Coach search begins. No valid coach wants to come to Eagles while dweeb Howie is in the building. Hire Pederson.

Personelle exec search continues. No one wants to work under Howie. Too viotile.

Now the braintrust of the Eagles are intern to VP Howie Roseman and a guy who 7 years ago was coaching high school football
    Last edited by Diggle; 02-20-2016, 10:31 AM.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Deja Castilleo all over again.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

All of those problems point to Lurie.

Comment

sounds like the screenplay for a bad movie

Comment

Was that report about the latest college scout to leave true? How many guys can leave/decline in the personnel dept before Lurie figures out the common denominator? How many different stories can nerd boy sell him before he gets it? I keep going back to the fact that this is his business and livelihood - how can Lurie be so obtuse? Sounds like he's stepped in shit his whole life and the wheels are falling off the bus now that he has to actually demonstrate some leadership ability. What an embarrassment.
          Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-20-2016, 01:47 PM.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Guy was actually the scouting coordinator

But still, whether all he did was tell scouts where to go and whom to scout, how can you force a guy out just before the combine and draft? Especially when your excuse to NOT hire a new personnel guy is that every other fucking team in the league doesn't want their personnel folk to go anywhere until after the draft? And what does it tell you that the only guy they've been able to add to their staff comes from the shit organization that is Cleveland?
            Jeff is too busy banging his trophy wife Asian doll to care.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              Was that report about the latest college scout to leave true? How many guys can leave/decline in the personnel dept before Lurie figures out the common denominator? How many different stories can nerd boy sell him before he gets it? I keep going back to the fact that this is his business and livelihood - how can Lurie be so obtuse? Sounds like he's stepped in shit his whole life and the wheels are falling off the bus now that he has to actually demonstrate some leadership ability. What an embarrassment.
              The guy was there for one year and he was a Kelly crony. No loss at all. Just more house cleaning.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

So Chip is a chump but Howie is legit?
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

You missed my favorite part!

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                  Starts with Chip and Tom Gambles relationship. WangNutsChip doesnt trust pencil neck dweeb Howie (not a football guy) and buddies up to Gamble. Howie feels the pinch and starts plotting.

Chip draws his line in the sand. Demands full control bc he doesnt trust Howie. Thinks he can get Gamble as GM and Howie out. Howie has too much power in the org to be fired. Gamble is collateral damage in Chips negotiating full control. Because no real personelle exec would come to Eagles with Howie still around, Chip was forced to go with Manowitz.

Then the offseason follies begin with...

Bradford (come on really...that 2nd rounder hurts)

Maxwell signing (not as bad as fans make out to be)

Shady for Kiko (gotta get better value there)

Then not going up on the money for Maclin (gotta forsee the increase in cap and the deals for WRs in the coming years - overpay year 1, super steal by year 3 when cap is 30 mil higher and 5 deals higher)

Panicked from not getting Maclin, signing Demarco.

Meanwhile, the locker room sours with some beloved players gone. Chip isnt a warm and fuzzy leader. Players resent the guy asking them to wear things like sleep moniters and practicing so much.

Season starts. Losing. Howie in Luries ear the whole time. Players bail on Chip. Lurie takes organizational pulse and decides to become more visible. Last straw 7-9 season. Chip gone.

Coach search begins. No valid coach wants to come to Eagles while dweeb Howie is in the building. Hire Pederson.

Personelle exec search continues. No one wants to work under Howie. Too viotile.

Now the braintrust of the Eagles are intern to VP Howie Roseman and a guy who 7 years ago was coaching high school football
                  After a PERFECT PRESEASON (woo!) anyone who questioned whether the Eagles would win every game was derided by the Kool Aid drinkers.
                  DB

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                    So Chip is a chump but Howie is legit?
                    Chip is a proven chump. He fkkked the Eagles up big time. That's documented. He didn't get fired because Howie was whispering in anybody's ear. He self-destructed.

Howie is a sneaky little backstabber for sure but that's an Eagle front office tradition going back to FF knifing Modrak. I figure Lurie gives Howie/Pedey 2-3 years to turn things around or then he moves on.

The front office situation was so muddled since the decline of FF that it's hard for me to judge Roseman's GM skills. I know he's missed big a few times and hit on a few. But now he's completely accountable and we see what happens. He hasn't done anything wrong yet but it's early. His decision with Bradford will be telling. And then free agency and the draft.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Pretty good summary, D.

Sad but true.

I always had some doubt about Kelly but there is no way one year ago I expected things to go as bad as they have.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Reminds me of this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=airT-m9LcoY

Comment

Working...
                        X