Sorry Ells, I'm leaning towards resigning Bumford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Ells, I'm leaning towards resigning Bumford

....I'm not crazy about him, Chip has wrecked the team..... But if I could have my wish list, it would be the following.

1) Resign Bumford....3 year deal , front end heavy @ 18million.
    2) Build a monster O line(draft)so any chump can survive behind it
    3) Draft a QB prospect in the 3rd so there is someone to take Sanchees's place in another year.

I don't like the FA QB meh talent, rather deal with the crap you do know than someone else's blech.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    ....I'm not crazy about him, Chip has wrecked the team..... But if I could have my wish list, it would be the following.

1) Resign Bumford....3 year deal , front end heavy @ 18million.
    2) Build a monster O line(draft)so any chump can survive behind it
    3) Draft a QB prospect in the 3rd so there is someone to take Sanchees's place in another year.

I don't like the FA QB meh talent, rather deal with the crap you do know than someone else's blech.
    Agree with all of these. They still need to address WR.

Comment

It would be nice, again here is my thinking.

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
      Agree with all of these. They still need to address WR.
      ...with a strong line making a so-so QB relevant perhaps the running game becomes everybody's best friend?

Play action has greater impact when the run is significant,the Chiefs were able to do this.

Bradford was very accurate when given time.

Arugula and Mathews could improve and you continue to look for a speedster in FA or draft.... Prob just not going to happen in the first year.

Just a thought.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

You know I am starting to come around to that thinking, keep getting the defense stronger, draft 1rd OT, 3rd QB, 3rd Top Guard. Then fill in from there. Keep Bradford in the 16-18mil and see how the new qb develops. use a run heavy offense and just beat up teams.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

He has a 25-37-1 overall win/loss record.
          He's never been to the postseason.
          His most touchdowns in a season was 21.
          Only 17% of his completions were 10 or more yards this year.
          He threw 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions and was 26th in Passer Rating in a contract year.
          The Rams traded him.
          The Cleveland Browns had interest in him.
          He's already made $78 million.
          He can't stay healthy.
          Howie is responsible for surrounding him with enough talent to hide his flaws.
          The head coach was an offensive coordinator who went an entire season with his wideouts catching zero touchdowns.
          This team isn't going to win anything for the next few years at the very least.

What's not to like?

Comment

There is an argument to be made that Sanchez is not that much worse than Sam the Sham Bumford.

On the other hand, at the right price I would not be opposed to HowLo resigning Bumford.

The lack of a second round pick this year really hurts.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              There is an argument to be made that Sanchez is not that much worse than Sam the Sham Bumford.

On the other hand, at the right price I would not be opposed to HowLo resigning Bumford.

The lack of a second round pick this year really hurts.
              Skillwise Sanchez and Bradford are equals. That being said, Sanchez is one of the dumbest football players of all time.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                Skillwise Sanchez and Bradford are equals.
                So why would you pay Bradford 16 million a year. What's the upside?

I'd rather have a rando draft pick.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                  So you're saying there's a chance?

Comment

He has a 25-37-1 overall win/loss record.
                    He's never been to the postseason.
                    His most touchdowns in a season was 21.
                    Only 17% of his completions were 10 or more yards this year.
                    He threw 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions and was 26th in Passer Rating in a contract year.
                    The Rams traded him.
                    The Cleveland Browns had interest in him.
                    He's already made $78 million.
                    He can't stay healthy.
                    Howie is responsible for surrounding him with enough talent to hide his flaws.
                    The head coach was an offensive coordinator who went an entire season with his wideouts catching zero touchdowns.

What's not to like?
                    What's not to like? How about his shit receivers in STL and Philly. Give him a fucking guy to throw to and his stats may be a little better. Whose been his best receiver in STL and Philly? Brian fucking Quick? Bradford has had shit options to throw the ball to.

Comment

You realize this coach doesn't actually have a good track record of utilizing wideouts, correct? I'm over the excuses for this guy.

Comment

You realize this coach doesn't actually have a good track record of utilizing wideouts, correct? I'm over the excuses for this guy.
                        Brian Quick being his best receiving target is not an "excuse" you think its a coicidence that Joe Flacco throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs in the super bowl when the Ravens decided to get Anquan Boldin? QBs need WRs unless they're Tom Brady. Bradford has had NO ONE to throw the ball to and if you think otherwise youre brain dead.

Comment

I think draft OL, OL/WR and maybe S with first three

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          So why would you pay Bradford 16 million a year. What's the upside?

I'd rather have a rando draft pick.
                          And wait until next year to draft a QB. Chances are we (I said, "we") will have a higher 1st rounder.
                          DB

Comment

Spend your 2017 1st on this guy

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                            And wait until next year to draft a QB. Chances are we (I said, "we") will have a higher 1st rounder.
                            This is the dude you want and he’ll be ready next year

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...367006111.html

"To understand how far Hundley has come, you have to grasp where he started. It wasn't that he had to adjust some of the things he had been doing in order to play in a pro offense. He had to be taught pro-style quarterbacking for the first time. The only NFL offense he was prepared to play in was Chip Kelly's in Philadelphia.”

"Our offense we ran in college, nobody runs it in the NFL," Hundley said. "On this level, in this offense, it's all different, too. Everything is different. You know, I'm in shotgun, lots of quick stuff (at UCLA). Here it's all different "

…Hundley started the 3rd exhibition game against the Eagles and completed 22 of 31 passes for 315 yards and two touchdowns with one interception.”
                            http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/323330421.html

Comment

Tanking for #1 pick is probably not going to be possible. D will be too good.

Sign Bradford
                              Don't sign Bradford

I am "whatever" at this point on the matter. I'm trying to follow the advice of a great Kung Fu Master...

Quit
                              Don't quit
                              Noodles
                              Don't noodles

You are too concerned about what was and what will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X