Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought tickets to see Paul Simon at Forest Hills stadium in June.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought tickets to see Paul Simon at Forest Hills stadium in June.

This is at the original tennis stadium in Queens. not the stadium where there they have the US Open these days. Good venue for concerts. I saw the Replacements there a couple of years ago. I think I have better seats for this show. Actually, thinking about it the US Open grounds would be an awesome place to hold concerts!

I was never a super fan of Simon's but I do enjoy his music.

I have a feeling this could be a "farewell" appearance on his home turf. But who knows?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Probably a farewell appearance....

.....on this earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
      .....on this earth.
      Could be but thinking about it any day could be a farewell appearance for any of us.The odds get worse and worse the older any of us get.

That is why i try not to be cynical and try to enjoy chances to enjoy things when opportunities present themselves.

If the weather is nice and he plays "Kodachrome" "Graceland" and "Me and Julio down by the schoolyard" I'll be happy.

I try to go to Spain every year because I can do so. Someday the time will come when I can't do it any more. So I'm going to enjoy life while I can.
      --------

Comment

Didn't you learn your lesson from....

...that Robert Plant Brooklyn show? That shit is on the internet. NO ONE on this planet is and was a bigger Led Zeppelin fan than me, but that shit was EMBARRASSING! OMG! Age has not been kind to his vocal chords.

Comment

...that Robert Plant Brooklyn show? That shit is on the internet. NO ONE on this planet is and was a bigger Led Zeppelin fan than me, but that shit was EMBARRASSING! OMG! Age has not been kind to his vocal chords.
          I loved that concert! I really enjoyed myself! I thought some of his new songs were pretty good.

You probably would have enjoyed it if you had been there!

Age hasn't been kind to me either, so I don't expect these guys to be what they used to be. I will not pay extreme prices to see them, but for the right price in the right venue... I have no problem.

Would you go to see Steely Dan at the right price?
          --------

Comment

It's like when they.....

.....kept rolling Frank Sinatra out there and he was forgetting half the lyrics. WTF is the point of that? Jesus hang it the fuck up while you're still on top. It's not Frank's fault. It's the leaches' that attached themselves to him.

Comment

.....kept rolling Frank Sinatra out there and he was forgetting half the lyrics. WTF is the point of that? Jesus hang it the fuck up while you're still on top. It's not Frank's fault. It's the leaches' that attached themselves to him.
              Thing is Robert Plant had some new original music at the last concert in Brooklyn Academy of Music. Sure he doesn't have the vocal range he used to have... you are right about that.

But he did present some new sh*t and I thought it was decent. I enjoyed it enough that I bought his last recording after seeing his concert.
              --------

Comment

Maybe

For the right price. Haven't seen them in many years now and the only reason I saw them in later years was that they NEVER toured when they were relevant. Right price. What's right price? $300 a ticket? $200 a ticket? In the late 70's you could see Led Zeppelin in their prime for 20 bucks.

Comment

For the right price. Haven't seen them in many years now and the only reason I saw them in later years was that they NEVER toured when they were relevant. Right price. What's right price? $300 a ticket? $200 a ticket? In the late 70's you could see Led Zeppelin in their prime for 20 bucks.
                  I know. Concert ticket prices are really high these days.

But I paid less than $100 for Robert Plant tickets about 20 rows back in the orchestra at BAM and I thought it was worth it. Better deal than an Eagles ticket, IMO.

When you start talking 200-300 a ticket I agree you are getting out of my price range.
                  --------

Comment

I was at that Robert Plant show and I thought he sounded fantastic. He isn't 18 anymore. Still a great vocalist!

Comment

Come on. Stop it.

Check out the line in here where he sings "they choose the path where no one goes." It comes at around 2.14 and then at 3.12
                      Now you're going to tell me that he did that to put a new twist on the song, right?

Comment

To each their own but I think he sounds fine. I'm also a admitted Zep freak to the point I spent some dough and got myself to the Zep reunion in 2007. I've seen Plant 14 times in various forms (solo, Page/Plant, with Alison Krauss, Band of Joy, etc.). Again, he might not sound as great as did in the 70's but I really dig his voice. Peace!

Comment

Geezerhood and weed.

Not good for the vocal cords over the years.

The worst is Eddie Money. That guy couldn't sing for shit when he was young. bwahahaha
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

As Salaam Alaikum

I respect your opinion.

Comment

Most of these 70's and 80's rock vocalists.....

....sounded like chicks when they were young. Plant, Jon Anderson, Geddy Lee, David Lee Roth, Steve Perry, Lou Gramm, the list goes on and on. It was almost a prerequisite. Maybe it was to stand out amid all of the loud thrashing and drumming. Hey what about the SCREAMING these guys did? That has GOT TO take a toll on the vocal chords. Circling back to my original point: There is a time to call it quits.

Comment

Working...
                              X