Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought tickets to see Paul Simon at Forest Hills stadium in June.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a huge head

Did it get bigger??
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Yeah he didn't sound that bad. Who got much worse is Jimmy Page

He can't play for shit anymore
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Probably has arthritis

Where did you see him trying to play? In a way I wish I was 5 years older because then I would have went to the Song Remains The Same concerts at MSG. Not seeing Led Zeppelin live back then is one of my greatest regrets. Never saw the Talking Heads either and I easily could have, but I was just wrapped up in other sh*t. Another major regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
          To each their own but I think he sounds fine. I'm also a admitted Zep freak to the point I spent some dough and got myself to the Zep reunion in 2007. I've seen Plant 14 times in various forms (solo, Page/Plant, with Alison Krauss, Band of Joy, etc.). Again, he might not sound as great as did in the 70's but I really dig his voice. Peace!
          I have a funny story about a Robert Plant concert at the Tower theater.

Back in 1993 (I think 1993) I was back at my mom's house for Thanksgiving. It was the weekend after Thanksgiving, so that weekend was always a good time for friends who had moved out of the area to get together to reunite.

So I make plans to get together with a friend of mine who still lived in Delaware. We start hearing talk on the radio that Robert Plant is playing at the Tower Theater that night and IT ISN'T SOLD OUT. (I guess holiday weekend preventing people from being able to go, etc.)

We jump on this immediately and decide we are going. We call another friend of ours to inform him of this opportunity but he tells us he can't go because his wife won't let him. Something I think he regrets now, as he is now divorced.

Anyway, we drive up from Delaware to the Tower. And sure enough they have tickets available.

We buy two, and they are right behind the soundboard. Bummer, but face value.

But then something miraculous happens. Somebody from the Plant crew approaches us and says "We know you can't see the show very well from behind the soundboard, so we found other seats for you."

They moved us into the first 10-15 rows. Center. Close enough that I could smell the incense Plant was burning on stage.

The most hilarious aspect of all this is that after having sat directly behind the soundboard, we had been looking at the set list for a while. They had it up on the board!

We had it memorized. So we spent the concert impressing the chicas sitting next to us with our amazing ability to predict what song Plant was going to play next. Paid off
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

In Lou Gramm's defense, he was never the same after he had the benign brain tumor surgery in '97...knocked the crap outta him and he was on a ton of meds which made him gain around 100 lbs.

The guy I saw in '96 (at Camden) blew me away but the first time I saw him post-surgery in '99 I wanted to cry...just really sad to see him that way.
            He's still performing and has improved the last couple of years but the days of him hitting those extreme high notes are long gone.

Comment

Did anyone attack Lou Gramm?

I don't remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                I don't remember that.
                No, I was just saying that in his case it just wasn't an age thing but a health crisis which robbed him of his awesome gift. Either way, it's inevitable that male vocalists go down an octave or two once they get into their fifties. Sammy Hagar is one of the few exceptions that I can think of from the top of my head.

Comment

HereisAkers and I love this song....

Comment

nobody has a bigger head than Oprah

next time you see her standing next to somebody with a regular sized head, take notice. She looks like she is wearing one of those giant sports mascot heads.
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                      No, I was just saying that in his case it just wasn't an age thing but a health crisis which robbed him of his awesome gift. Either way, it's inevitable that male vocalists go down an octave or two once they get into their fifties. Sammy Hagar is one of the few exceptions that I can think of from the top of my head.
                      Here's what I think about Plant.

His range is certainly down an octave, but he still has the ability to hit the notes within his current range with a pleasant timbre. Why try to hit notes outside your range if it is gonna sound like sh*t?

If you go to see him it's not Led Zeppelin... It's Robert Plant singing Led Zeppelin songs he played a part in creating. Plus new stuff. And as I noted I thought his new stuff was decent.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Very Cool,,,should be a great show

he is getting up there but his band and setlist will be incredible,,saw Simon and Garfunkle at the Felt Forum in the early 90's,,great show!
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Love this version of my fave Zep tune...

https://youtu.be/c8S29_2ahgo
                          Last edited by Regal; 02-25-2016, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X