I would like to remind everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to remind everyone

That Bradford is a BUM. He stinks. He is bad. Bad. He is not good. He is bad. He's always been bad and will never be anything more than bad.

Any season with Sam Bradford as the quarterback of an NFL team has been a waste of that team's season.

I refuse to define deviancy down.

That was impolite to point out.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Who are you reminding? Nobody thinks he is Joe Montana and most people aren't thrilled he's the qb. Outside of Slizz, I don't see anyone parading him as the answer. They signed him to a cheap two year deal as an alternative to Sanchize or Chase Daniel.

I don't think he is a "bad" quarterback. He was bad the first half of the season and pretty good the second half. Mark Sanchez is a "bad" quarterback.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I Am Sam has had more excuses made for him than any player in NFL history.

Comment

Excuses for what? I'm confused because I don't see anyone (well, maybe one person) saying he is a great qb. You'd think we signed the guy to a 5 year $100 million deal.

Edited to add - What difference does it make? He's going to blow his ACL out guaranteed. Sanchez or a rookie will be starting at some point, right? I'm pretty much banking on it and then we'll be thankful he was signed to the type of deal he was.
          Last edited by McCarthy12; 03-02-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Because this season is now officially a wasted season. There is no reason for any optimism regarding the Eagles this season. They will be mediocre at best. There was no reason to sign Bradford. None.

Comment

Off top of my head people regularly make Excuses for:

His terrible w/l record (always the other players faults)
              inability to will team to win or carry on his back.
              Never having a winning season
              Never appearing in playoffs

Comment

What was wasted? The opportunity to be slightly worse but not bad enough to draft Watson? I don't understand what they gave up. It's precisely because I think Bradford's ceiling is as a "good" qb and that there was no alternative who would move the dial in either direction in a meaningful way, that the signing elicits a "ok, that's fine" reaction from me. No more, no less. The Eagles will be an average team in a bad division. They still need to draft a qb. Nothing changed one way or the other.

Comment

No doubt. But even those people wouldn't argue that he is a great qb. I think, generally speaking, people are more or less in the same boat

Comment

so what your saying is you'll make the gayte this year?!

I dunno,,guy has some talent,,id like to see him throw with some time before I flush the toilet.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      Because this season is now officially a wasted season. There is no reason for any optimism regarding the Eagles this season. They will be mediocre at best. There was no reason to sign Bradford. None.
                      For one, they're not going to draft Watson. Watson could end up not even being a 1st rounder. Could be another Bridgewater/Geno Smith. Also, when you re-sign a bunch of players on your own team and then turn around and tell them that they'll be wasting 2 to 3 years of their prime while they pretend to be the Sixers, you're going to have an unhappy locker room.

They're not bad enough and they won't tank.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Honestly, I'm not convinced that Bradford is much better than Sanchez. Don't interpret this as saying that Sanchez is any good.

Guess what I am trying to say is I could have seen last year's team going 7-9 with Sanchez at QB, just like they did with Bradford.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't even think he's above average. Fact is nobody else would offer him anything close to what he got here for what may be a 1 year deal. You know Condon got negative vibe and feedback at combine or else he wouldn't have taken what appears to be a pretty lame deal for his client.

Eagles and Roseman were the fat chick at 2am last call and Sam was feeling like hooking up for a 1 night stand.

This is like a horrible marriage you decide to plod through until your kids are both out of the house.
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-02-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

If they're looking at being able to win the NFL east as their primary goal, which I'm sure is the case, that's the wrong approach. They are so far away from being a title team it's comical. And if you can't win it all you start over with a core and youth. Not fucking bums like Bradford.

I want them to tear this thing down to the studs and rebuild slowly team that can complete for Super Bowls. Eagles never seem to have that mentality. Lurie's end game is making playoffs. That's not good enough.

We deserve to BUILD something. Strip it and do it right. Signing Bradford is just another moronic decision for a franchise that specializes in them.

I applaud most
                            Of the (no brainier) extensions they've done but bringing Bradford back just puts off the inevitable for another year.
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-02-2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Are we really saying a crappy season isn't doable with a QB that has a winning percentage of .405??
                              The players aren't stupid. They know this team isn't good enough. Money talks. Maxwell and Roach aren't here to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X