Interesting Article on BGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Article on BGN

By of all people the FishDuck guy who was/is the Chip Chomper di tutti Chip Chomper. He nails why the Bradford contract was a bad piece of contract negotiation on all levels. Stay strong Howie!

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...uarterback-nfl

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    By of all people the FishDuck guy who was/is the Chip Chomper di tutti Chip Chomper. He nails why the Bradford contract was a bad piece of contract negotiation on all levels. Stay strong Howie!

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...uarterback-nfl
    That jerkoff's name is really Mark Saltveit?

Comment

Here's the counterpoint.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...or_Eagles.html

What was a better option? They don't want to screw Pedey in his first season with a chump like Sanchez or Daniels . Bradford provides stability. It's significant money but acceptable for a QB. Its not like the stupid contract Roach Murray got.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Here's the counterpoint.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...or_Eagles.html

What was a better option? They don't want to screw Pedey in his first season with a chump like Sanchez or Daniels . Bradford provides stability. It's significant money but acceptable for a QB. Its not like the stupid contract Roach Murray got.
        I'm with IG on this. Kinda "meh" on the whole thing.

I don't like the way the contract is structured other than the two year length. They still need to draft a potential QB of the future.

I think this deal is going to negatively affect the chances of extending or resigning Fletcher Cox. If Howie can work a deal with Cox after this, more power to him.

Other than players that have done absolutely nothing (divide by zero) Bradford has probably gotten more $ per performance metric than any other QB I can remember in my lifetime.

Guess we will see what happens next year at this time. I suspect it will make the game day experience a little better for the season ticket holders, but I am not expecting much else.

Does Lurch expect Sam Bradford to be a QB mentor to a guy who could take his job?
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't see Cox as an issue ... he's here another year and they can franchise him next year ... IMO they'll make a deal at some point
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I don't see Cox as an issue ... he's here another year and they can franchise him next year ... IMO they'll make a deal at some point
            But remember if you decide you need to avoid the Bradford cap hit next year and cut him, you have $ 9.5 mil in dead money you cant use in a deal for Fletcher Cox.

Also, financial risk due to injury is severe.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Not sure what you mean, but the injury risk on Cox is higher the sooner they pay him.

And the cap is probably going up again next year and Howlo can massage more contracts to make the room he needs like he did for Bradford this year.

Comment

i'm not a fan of the argument that there was no better option. paying bradford just increases pederson's chances of floating around .500 in a terrible division(and i doubt he'll even do that). it would be better in the long run to just go 3-13 with chase daniel.

also IE is right...it's kind of crazy how long bradford has getting paid without doing anything. the guy will never even be alex smith.

Comment

No leverage

former cap guy, Andrew Brandt always has good takes on the contract side

https://twitter.com/andrewbrandt

"Always note upside/downside of deals. If Bradford really good, Eagles get slight bargain at $18M per. If really bad, SB gets $22M and is FA."

Eagles lost leverage on Bradford when not demanding contract extension as part of trade. Couldn't make deal after that, now paying for it."

Comment

We don't know if there was a better option, but fuck Howie for not finding it!
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      We don't know if there was a better option, but fuck Howie for not finding it!
                      Bwahaha...so true. The armchair GMs are in total disarray.

Comment

For one year only there was the same option, already in house, that stays on the field, for 2.5x less $$$, that guarantees same # of wins and a Fletcher Cox deal.

I'll take that any day.

Sam Bradford IS Mark Sanchez. That's why I think they were crazy making this deal. Esp with cox needing to be locked down.

Hoping cox gets his soon. I'm sure Eagles want to but can they now after giving Bradford this money? We will see.

Comment

I love that you hate this. It means it most certainly will work out.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I hope you're right but I'm not optimistic. He's an average/oft injured QB. Feel they're just putting off the inevitable for another year.

If you wanna bring him back why do So for that money? That's the crazy part. You're only Bidding against yourself.

Feel he's more likely to miss a ton of games than he is to win a playoff game. Risk they're taking and did not have to.

It's just Bad business.

Comment

Without taking a side either way on the signing there is no way that you can't see that Bradford throws better than Sanchez.

Comment

Working...
                              X