People: This is a franchise that has not won a playoff game since Jan 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People: This is a franchise that has not won a playoff game since Jan 2009

They haven't won a championship since Dec 1960. This is 56 years and counting!

They have had the same owner for the last 22 years! During this ownership, sure they have had stability, but stability in mediocrity.

So I'm not big on the notion of Sam Bradford bringing in stability. Maybe building from the ground up is a better option. I'm more with Ellsworth: strip it down to the studs and rebuild. The Bradford signing delays this by at least a year.

Only thing I like about this is that Bradford could catch lightning in a bottle for one year. But really in my more rational moments I have to think that is being a little delusional.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

this deal allows us to bring in another Qb this year or next

we could cut Sam after one year if it was really necessary. and after 3 years of Chip,,how many old studs are left....3?
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

I'm slowly drinking the kool-aid!

Comment

Slowly!!!!

Report to the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaall..........!
        I drank the Koolaid for 2 weeks last year,,then the Home Opener!
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

you know, part of the Bradford support has to be the state of Philly sports. The Sixers have spent the last 3 years in all-out tank mode. The Phillies are either at the bottom or just past the bottom of the "strip it down to the studs and rebuild" rebuild and the Flyers are maybe just on the upward slope but easily 1-2 years away.

We need something over the next year or two.
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-02-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            you know, part of the Bradford support has to be the state of Philly sports. The Sixers have spent the last 3 years in all-out tank mode. The Phillies are either at the bottom or just past the bottom of the "trip it down to the studs and rebuild" rebuild and the Flyers are maybe just on the upward slope but easily 1-2 years away.

We need something over the next year or two.
            I agree with this post.

Level of agreement: 100 percent. Complete.
            --------

Comment

Excellent point.

Comment

This is the truth.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  This is the truth.
                  Stockholm Syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
                  --------

Comment

Lol. I just want them to win. I'm a lot happier when the Eagles are winning.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Agreed 100%

Comment

I must agree with this. Thank you IE!

Comment

Yeah. It pretty much makes 5 months of the year good, no matter what's going on.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

What is your idea of building from the ground up? Starting Sanchez for two years or maybe Chase Daniels? Sanchez is horrendous to the point that you probably couldn't fairly evaluate skill players for two years with him under center. ( I walk out of bars routinely with Sanchez playing... and it takes a deep level of hopelessness for me to do that, I'm not an average Joe fan).

Chase Daniels? I guess that would be a freak show for a while. Who knows what that would bring.

One aspect of keeping Bradford -- the stench of desperation wouldn't be so overbearing in the 2016 draft. No Bradford... Oh I wonder who the Eagles want in the 1st round, and 3rd round and 7th round? You think maybe a QB?

I understand why people don't like the move, but let's here some alternatives (and Sanchez is not an alternative). It's not rocket science, we all know the available names out there.

Packwest provided a Brandt tweet... Thought I'd share a thought from him...
                            Andrew Brandt
                            Mar 1
                            Andrew Brandt ‏@AndrewBrandt
                            Eagles/Bradford deal a statement on the scarcity at position, fact teams don't let QBs hit market. Other options: Chase Daniel? Rookie?
                            Last edited by Drama Queen; 03-02-2016, 11:34 PM. Reason: Edit to add

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              They haven't won a championship since Dec 1960. This is 56 years and counting!

They have had the same owner for the last 22 years! During this ownership, sure they have had stability, but stability in mediocrity.

So I'm not big on the notion of Sam Bradford bringing in stability. Maybe building from the ground up is a better option. I'm more with Ellsworth: strip it down to the studs and rebuild. The Bradford signing delays this by at least a year.

Only thing I like about this is that Bradford could catch lightning in a bottle for one year. But really in my more rational moments I have to think that is being a little delusional.
                              I woulda been good with not signing Bumford...don't really care either way. However, the other signings before (along with the future signing of Cox) shows me that the FO somehow thinks this team can at least win the division.

Comment

Working...
                              X