No announcement yet.

People: This is a franchise that has not won a playoff game since Jan 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, there was really nothing to do but go with the mediocrity we have, rather than hoping some other mediocrity would help in the short term.

The problem with stripping it down and rebuilding is that it's never that easy, and sometimes it becomes a way of life. Look at the Browns, who have been in rebuilding mode forever.

Continuity is one of the X factors for franchise success, and while I don't think Bradford is The Answer (sorry, AI), I do think the move at least buoys the personnel group for the short term, while a longer term process is put in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      What is your idea of building from the ground up?
      For me it means four things: making the roster younger overall, dumping players with excessive salary cap hits, not being a major player in free agency and trying to stockpile draft picks.

Also: identifying key young players and locking them up long term (Fletcher Cox)

They have been trying to patch this roster for too long, IMO.

I will be a lot better with things if they draft a QB and extend Cox. That still leaves the OL to be dealt with.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        Yeah, there was really nothing to do but go with the mediocrity we have, rather than hoping some other mediocrity would help in the short term.

The problem with stripping it down and rebuilding is that it's never that easy, and sometimes it becomes a way of life. Look at the Browns, who have been in rebuilding mode forever.

Continuity is one of the X factors for franchise success, and while I don't think Bradford is The Answer (sorry, AI), I do think the move at least buoys the personnel group for the short term, while a longer term process is put in place.
        Mediocrity has become a way of life for the Eagles. They have become continually mediocre.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
        X