The Bradford Gambit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bradford Gambit

I can't help but wonder - and this is pure speculation, of course - if the Bradford deal didn't have something to do with Murray, as well. If he is, as "some people" have mentioned, less than thrilled to still be on the roster, I'm wondering if the waffling on Bradford's deal might have contributed to his unease.

Bradford was reported to have been a significant voice in bringing his old college pal to the Eagles. Treating the QB professionally, and at least suggesting some sort of continuity, might also serve to appease Murray, at least a little.

Is appeasing Murray really that important? I fucking hope not

Comment

It depends on how Pederson plans to use him. If he's the featured RB, which he should be by nature of his salary, then I'd rather not have him on the field, thinking that he'd rather be somewhere else. I'm not suggesting that's the sole reason for the move, but I'm wondering if it didn't play some small part.

Comment

It probably had some effect.

Comment

Fuck that cockroach. I doubt they give a flying fuck what that game check stealing asshole thinks.

if they felt the need to kiss his ass in any capacity they're amateurs & should be thoroughly embarrassed.

And I highly doubt making him happy had any impact at all on decision to keep Bradford.

Heard a good point on Cataldi's show about why Bradford may have been brought back by How-Lo: it was done bc everyone in FO is in a "win or else" mode after Lurie made the comments about everyone being accountable. Maybe that finally means Roseman too.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-04-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I'm not talking about kissing anybody's ass. I'm just wondering if they considered any kind of synergistic effect of not mishandling this pair. The FO certainly has a track record of personnel debacles. (Yeah, I know that even bringing Roach in is a debacle, but that's another discussion.)

Comment

I was looking at this scenario using an approach of how most organizations would operate. Forgot we're talking about the team that invented the yackety sax.

So anything is possible when you look at it through Kelly green lenses.

Comment

Working...
              X