Interesting/funny article about Coughlin interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting/funny article about Coughlin interview

Apparently, it was obvious he was there because he was mad at the Giants. Not hard to believe if his sideline antics are any indication. Anyway, looks like it was wise not to go any further with him.

Coughlin acted like a 20-year old whose girlfriend had dumped him and he was trying to make her jealous by dating her No. 1 enemy on the rebound. NFL sources say his hard feelings for the Giants came through loud and clear in the interview with the Eagles brain trust, which included owner Jeffrey Lurie, and he was obsessed with how he felt wronged by the Giants. He was not forthcoming about his plans for his staff. He came off more concerned with making the Giants look bad than being consumed with coaching the Eagles.
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...nts-ben-mcadoo
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

I'm not sure I agree that it would be a bad thing to have a head coach that was super pissed at a division rival.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

IMO, it would be if that was the only reason he was there. We're talking about not wanting a running back because he doesn't really want to be here, imagine having a head coach who only cares to be there because he's obsessed with his ex-employer. He'd probably sweep the Giants in year one and retire.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        IMO, it would be if that was the only reason he was there. We're talking about not wanting a running back because he doesn't really want to be here, imagine having a head coach who only cares to be there because he's obsessed with his ex-employer. He'd probably sweep the Giants in year one and retire.
        We aren't talking about a running back here. We are talking about a multiple Super Bowl winning head coach with a proven track record.

I agree that if you think he was going to retire in a year it would be a bad move to hire him.

But again, I don't think it would automatically be a bad thing to have a head coach who hated a division rival.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't disagree. I think it would be a great thing to have a coach that hates a division rival. But it doesn't sound like his heart was really in it. That hatred could only go so far. Being an NFL head coach is an extraordinary time commitment - I don't think you can succeed if you really aren't into it from the jump (see: Steve Spurrier).

Comment

The one thing that Pissed me off Royal about Kelly

is when he spoke about the Crackheads game as just another game,, no extra juice or yeah it means something to the Fans.. at least Dougie will understand what Dallas week means! how the fan base feels about the Rival games.

as for Tom being here; his best days are past. Its good to have that emotion but sometimes it can blind you and unfortunately with Tom it would have been an Issue.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

"Eagles brain trust"??

I stopped right there!
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
              X