Any potential FAs worth looking at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any potential FAs worth looking at?

...unless a solid lineman appears I would say go draft all the way.

Anybody else??
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

There's a young guard from the Chiefs, Jeff Allen, who I read might be available. I'd take a shot, but don't overpay.

Positional breakdown here:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ts-by-position

Comment

I keep hearing about this OG Jeff Allen from KC

Probably because of Pederson. Seems cheapish and probably an upgrade over one or both current guards.

FA WRs look really bad.

I read the Eagles showed some sort of interest in safety George Iloka from Cincy while at the combine.

Edit: Iloka's girlfriend has great potential.
      Last edited by Pete; 03-03-2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I'm not big on old guys, but Roddy White might be a nice option to block/mentor the young guys.

Kirwan was talking the other night how a lot of these vets get released, go somewhere else and have one good year. Andre Johnson was an obvious exception.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Mario Williams

"Williams, 31, took too many plays off and grumbled about Rex Ryan's scheme. On the other hand, he's just one year removed from a first-team All-Pro selection and the best year of his career in Jim Schwartz's defense."

Comment

might be worth a look see if he's not expecting 2nd contract $$$$$$

think Id rather get a Prow bowl caliber Guard for the $$$, but Williams back the Swartz,,,could happen
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
              "Williams, 31, took too many plays off and grumbled about Rex Ryan's scheme. On the other hand, he's just one year removed from a first-team All-Pro selection and the best year of his career in Jim Schwartz's defense."
              No thanks. Schwartz made Williams an All-Pro that year, not the other way around. Let's see what he can do with Curry, Barwin and Graham.

Also, a 31-year old lazy complainer? Pass.

Comment

I'm leery of going all "Dream Team" but I thought about Roddy White, too. Not the answer at WR, but he very well could be the best WR on the team even at his age.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

3 wish list guys who won't break the bank

Jahri Evans (OG, Saints)
                  Philadelphia connection, 6 time Pro Bowler

Jerrell Freeman (ILB, Colts)
                  On January 16, 2012, Freeman announced that he had signed a contract with the Indianapolis Colts of the NFL. In Week 1 against the Chicago Bears, Freeman returned a Jay Cutler interception for a touchdown in the first quarter. Freeman had an outstanding first season with the Colts finishing with 145 tackles (90 solo and 55 assisted) and 2 sacks. His 145 tackles was the fifth highest total in the league. Freeman won the AFC Defensive Player of the Week award for his performance in a 23–7 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on December 22, 2013. He finished the game with 7 tackles, 1 quarterback sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 interception, and 3 passes defended. He was also initially credited with 2 interceptions, but one was later adjusted to a strip/sack for teammate Robert Mathis and a fumble recovery for Freeman. In 2014, he recorded 95 combined tackles, 6 pass deflections, and 1 forced fumble in 12 games played. On March 5, 2015, the Colts made a qualifying offer to Freeman, which he signed on April 27.

Mohamed Sanu (WR, Bengals)
                  Personal friend of the Two Gap Penetrator family. 3rd and sometimes 2nd receiver on Bengals talented receiving corps. (AJ Green, Marvin Jones) When those two dudes were out with injuries, Mo excelled.

Comment

I would almost completely abstain from free agency as a business practice. However, due to Winnie and Roseman inexplicably not taking any OL past 2 drafts and Kelly's stupid fucking decision to cut Mathis they kind of have to sign a OL or 2 in free agency.

Other than that no chance I'm signing 99% of the guys out there. It blows up in your face more often than solves a problem.
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-04-2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Wow - I didn't realize Sanu was a free agent. I would be down with that. Still young. Can definitely play.

One addition to your list - SAN SAN TEEEEEEEE
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

What about Charles Johnson? Dude got his undeserved pay day already, and got cut. Could be a Justin Smith type.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

TGPette was.......

...holding Mohamed's baby last week. (NO, wise guys! It's not hers!) Dude, this could happen. We could use a reliable receiver and he is just that. Good hands, good size, blocks well downfield. Won't take the top off a defense, but is solid. He's a local guy, so he would be home. I've heard some rumors about The Giants, but I could see him helping us more. Here's a cool Mo fact: In 2011, Sanu broke the Big East single-season reception record with 115 receptions for 1,206 yards, a record previously held by.... Larry Fitzgerald.

Comment

No Dream Team stuff needed

Let's call it Wet Dream Team or something like that.
                            Don't F around with any of the guys who will break the bank, like Kelechi Osemele. Go after Jahri Evans, see what's up with Richie Incognito, maybe Evan Mathis. We can totally fix our problems with these lower tiered FA's. Undo what Chump Kelly did.

Comment

We were led to believe that DeMarcus Ware was done and...

...he ended up having a pretty nice year in Denver. Listen, would YOU want to play for Rex Ryan? The guy's got no class.

Comment

Working...
                              X