Boring is coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring is coming.

Bob Ford nails it. No more dream teams. No more mad scientist coaches. The Eagles are going to do things the old fashioned way.

If you don't like boring, you better pick another team to follow. Signing Bradford is the cornerstone move of that philosophy.

Roseman has already taken the team back to the future with a series of old-school signings of burgeoning core players like Lane Johnson, Zach Ertz, and Vinny Curry. Look for the Eagles to get Fletcher Cox done as well.

When it comes to the draft, you can expect Roseman's personnel department to hit it straight down the fairway, preferring 200 yards in the short grass to 300 yards in the trees. It will be a major surprise if that 13th pick in the first round isn't used on a sure-thing offensive lineman.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...he_Eagles.html
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

It's gonna be Conklin, unless Stanley somehow slips. I'm good with either player.

Comment

Coming?

It came. Nothing new here.

Comment

Thank goodness. Give me Howie and Lurch.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I'm fine with boring.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Steelers are boring. Patriots are boring.

Boring works.

Comment

Aversion to risk. That use to be Lurie's cute, little catchy phrase

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Thank goodness. Give me Howie and Lurch.
              Gotta wonder when the little risk taker will use that phrase again?

Anyway, the same script with different characters seems to bore me, but more importantly I see a direct problem with Lurie. He can talk a big game when it comes to an "aversion to risk" but it is he who is scared to change the people around him. He needs to be surrounded by familiar faces. He needs to be surrounded by like minded people and he seems to be uncomfortable with football grunts in a football world.

Comment

So the two of you are happy fucks with a sense of some optimism?

Had Sanchez started this year, I was ready to pack it up for at least a year!

Comment

Winning isnt boring.

Comment

Wouldn't say I'm optimistic. Just looking forward to focusing on Sundays as opposed to a circus Monday-Saturday,
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

More mediocrity is what I see.

Put the Eagles uniform on the KC team and that what we had... and that's what we'll get. A cute team that can beat most teams they are suppose to, but not the elite 8-10 teams.

Twice Reid started off with a lot of talent on the defense. Pederson s not as fortunate.

Comment

Can he think on his feet?

The one thing FF never could do.

And can Howie draft someone other than a Canadian firefighter offensive lineman? Or a BC&J defensive end/linebacker?

Love the team too much to root for failure, but they have a lot to prove. Both Howie and Duggie need to have a solid year above and beyond the expected mediocrity.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I mentioned before about Lurie's catch phrase, "aversion to risk". It's ultimately what will hold them back forever.

WR Martavius Bryant with Pittsburgh is a typical player that the Eagles would deem too risky. That's why the team is so vanilla. Lurie and his trust can't or are not willing to management these types of players. We've seen it in the past with T.O. etc.

Fast forward to now. What kind of clout does Pederson and Howie bring that allows them to be risk takers? Risk takers on the Eagles get left on an island. Ask Chip.

Comment

I'm about as optimistic as a guy who went in for cat scan because he was having trouble seeing and was told he had 6 months to live.

You fucking kidding me? Optimism?
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-06-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Pederson has enough talent to win the division. Aside from the O Line, this team has enough talent to win a playoff game.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X