Conor McGregor got his ass humbled last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor McGregor got his ass humbled last night

Like Him a lot, great showman, but it was nice to see him get his ass kicked.

Always enjoy a Nate Diaz fight. Made mcgregor look like a leprechaun in the size and power aspect. Bad matchup for mcgregor. Diaz has a great chin and ground game.

Better get his ass back to 145 and cash his super heavy weight checks down there. Think Dos Anjos would do similar things to him at 155.

Holm blew it. all she had to do was keep her distance in 5th for huge rematch/pay day with rousey. Nice job
    By Tate making something happen. She's one tough mofo.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-06-2016, 09:51 AM.

I was just going to post about this. Feel same about McGregor. I like him but he needed to be humbled a bit. Stay at 145. There are plenty of good fighters there. Diaz is a bad dude. And hilarious. "I'm not surprised motherf*ckers!"

I won some $ on Tate. Had a feeling she would pull it off. Holm is a damn beast though. Speaking of beasts, how about that Swede that fought before them? Holy crap.

Lesson of the night is that it's fine to be able to hit people but if you can't do anything on the ground against the best fighters you're in trouble. No matter how strong you are.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

A Diaz / Tate parlay paid 15:1

Not that I had it.

Comment

I keyed that in first and thought I better not be greedy. Really didn't think Diaz had a shot. The interesting thing to me is that Diaz won on the ground but he really hurt him with a punch - but it's not like Diaz is overly powerful. Makes me wonder about McGregor's chin. He's obviously vulnerable. I guess they all are.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          I was just going to post about this. Feel same about McGregor. I like him but he needed to be humbled a bit. Stay at 145. There are plenty of good fighters there. Diaz is a bad dude. And hilarious. "I'm not surprised motherf*ckers!"

I won some $ on Tate. Had a feeling she would pull it off. Holm is a damn beast though. Speaking of beasts, how about that Swede that fought before them? Holy crap.

Lesson of the night is that it's fine to be able to hit people but if you can't do anything on the ground against the best fighters you're in trouble. No matter how strong you are.
          That Litifor guy might be the last person on earth that I would fight.

Comment

He's 25lbs above where he should have been so isn't used to getting hit by guys that size when it matters.
            Kudos for mcgregor taking the fight so fans wouldn't lose out. He's very respectful of his Irish fans who travel a great distance to see him fight and that's commendable.

Comment

He's no Rocky Marciano
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yeah for sure. I don't think he would ever refuse a fight. Question - isn't that closer to his natural weight? They made the comment that he basically just didn't have to cut. I guess that doesn't change the fact that he'should not used to getting hit by dudes that size. Frankie Edgar and the other featherweight in the booth (Mendes?) look tiny in comparison.

Comment

He walks around at 165 but guys he's fighting up there are cutting to get to that class and then putting 10-15 back on before they fight. So he's at a major disadvantage in size and power.

Like I said, back to the 145 class for him. Maybe 155 is doable as well hit never anything higher than that again.

Comment

Working...
                  X