Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Keith Emerson!

can't believe this totally sucks,,just listen to BSS yesterday

was fortunate to see them several times including a show at the mann music center,,,Procol Harum Opened up for ELP! One of my Fav all time shows,,,huge loss today.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...at-71-20160311
    Last edited by TRENT; 03-11-2016, 09:08 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

He was no Rick Wakeman.

Comment

Not a huge fan of ELP but what we are seeing now is prob the greatest generation of musical artists getting old and dying. The music from the 60's and 70's shaped generations to come and they're dying off. In the next 5 years a huge number of very influential artists will be gone and its sobering.
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I remember back in the day...

when the debate was ongoing over those two. Emerson seemed to have a more classical influence with his style and was a more polished technician, while Wakeman was was a better improvisational talent. Both were at the top or near the top of their field.

RIP
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Brain Salad Surgery. Check it out.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

And speaking of which...

that's one piece of vinyl that I wore out over the years. Gonna have to spend some of that iTunes card birthday gift on a digital version of it.

Comment

I hear ya Bro ,,seems like 70 has been the ceiling for a lot of touring musicians

not named Keith Richards....Emerson Inspired an entire generation to make music with their Poly Moogs guys like the keyboardist for dream theater just being a small example; Inspired by "Tarkus",,,great loss to the music industry,,,guy could really play the keys one of the best of the Best!
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Correct. Wakeman is a chump compared to Emerson

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                He was no Rick Wakeman.
                RIP Keith
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Wakeman attended the Royal College of music

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  when the debate was ongoing over those two. Emerson seemed to have a more classical influence with his style and was a more polished technician, while Wakeman was was a better improvisational talent. Both were at the top or near the top of their field.

RIP
                  With the intentions of becoming a concert pianist. You sure about that?

Comment

U guys can argue all you want! Yes is my Fav group

I will say this Rick is one of the most innovative Keyboardist ever...love his style and stuff,,,from Crazy world of Arthur Brown, to his Journey to the center of the Earth,, Can and Brahms or Close to the edge. Guy could write.....

Keith Emerson in person gave by far; one of the best stage performances I have ever witnessed by and Musician playing any instrument in my life.... that being said,,,these guys fed off each other and Created a Genre.
                    Last edited by TRENT; 03-12-2016, 11:04 AM.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

SUSP, Mr. -I hate the sax but I'm a keyboard aficionado.

Comment

Admit it

you just like the way the word peenist rolls around on your tongue.

Comment

I took penisano lessons for 12 years

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                            I took penisano lessons for 12 years
                            Did your teacher make you play with his instrument?
                            Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Teacher was a she - an old biddy

Comment

Working...
                              X