I'm starting to think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm starting to think

That Lurie was just brain raping Chip. He didn't care if it succeeded, as long as he was able to steal Chip's methods on tempo, sports science, etc. he could still consider it a win.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

once again, you have no idea what you're talking about
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

that makes absolutely zero sense

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      That Lurie was just brain raping Chip. He didn't care if it succeeded, as long as he was able to steal Chip's methods on tempo, sports science, etc. he could still consider it a win.
      If he is worth "brain raping" he was worth a third year. If tempo and sports science won superbowls Tommy Tune and Bill Nye would be NFL coaches.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        If he is worth "brain raping" he was worth a third year. If tempo and sports science won superbowls Tommy Tune and Bill Nye would be NFL coaches.
        Even if he's a poor overall leader, there's still value in some of his practices/techniques. Obviously Lurie wanted him to succeed but there was still a positive in bringing him in regardless.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Chip's methods on tempo, sports science, etc.

Hasn't won jack shit in the collegiate or pro level

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
            Hasn't won jack shit in the collegiate or pro level
            ... Because he runs it all the fucking time. You can't argue that he didn't run a fast no-huddle. You can use the same principles with different playcalling, usage, etc.

Pederson even alluded to the fact that they're used to playing fast and "he wants to take advantage of that."

They've also retained members of Kelly's sports science staff. I'm not saying that was the sole reason for the hire, but they still had something to gain if it ultimately was a failure.

Comment

I'm not saying that was the sole reason for the hire, but they still had something to gain if it ultimately was a failure.
              Literally only 4 posts between these two statements.

Comment

Yeah, poor wording on the initial post.

Comment

impolite
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Your initial post said that you were thinking. Poor choice of words.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

bwahahhaha

woooooooo
                      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X