Nova destroyed the Big 5...AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nova destroyed the Big 5...AGAIN

Cant blame them this time. Its all about their success on the court.

Their tournament run is going to crush Temple in the recruiting wars moving forward. In general, it is now Villanova and the Little 4, they are so far ahead of the other city programs. Temple and St. Blows can hang with them for a half but not in their class and it is hard to justify Penn and LaSalle even playing them anymore.

IT's a shame, but that's just how it is right now.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post

Their tournament run is going to crush Temple in the recruiting wars moving forward. In general, it is now Villanova and the Little 4, they are so far ahead of the other city programs. Temple and St. Blows can hang with them for a half but not in their class and it is hard to justify Penn and LaSalle even playing them anymore.

Unfortunately it'll be that way as long as mediocre 3-16 in tourney Dunphy graces north broad.

He's a joke both on court and on Recruriting circuit. I get it, he's a class act. Maybe he should stick to lecturing students. Jay Wright owns him and it's embarrassing
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post

Several weeks ago I was telling a much younger coworker that Penn was a power when I first started getting into basketball in the late 60's and they even made it to the Final 4 in '79. Seems like a lifetime ago at this point.

That was the most incredible turn of events in the span of five game seconds that I can ever remember.

Comment

I don't know.

Listening to the talking heads on CSN after the game, Pommells had a decent point: Villanova can't recruit everyone and there will be some trickle down to the other schools.

Hopefully not dick trickle.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'm not sure. This highlights a great sport in a great area, and I can't help but think that there will be a rising tide that raises all boats.

Comment

Working...
          X