phils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phils

looked really impressive til they got to the bullpen. Why did they let Giles go again?
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Why would Giles have pitched in the 8th?

Edited to add: I know they're going to play smallball this year, but 2 runs isn't going to do it. Hellickson looked really good. It would be nice to see starts like that all year - if they get them, they should win 70 games no problem.

Also, the Howard situation is just uncomfortable. I hope he can get warm and hit a few bombs and maybe catch on as a DH somewhere.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-05-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      looked really impressive til they got to the bullpen. Why did they let Giles go again?
      I look at it this way. If they have the lead and it goes to the bullpen, I count that as a win. Because once that bullpen comes in...it's probably a loss.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I was amused when the announcers said that the Phils have no closer. But it makes sense when they have no set-up guy...and no middle relievers. Come to think of it, the starters aren't exactly studs, either.

Comment

Gas Can Diekman had a nice 8th yesterday

To preserve Cole Hamels' win.

I just wanted to say "Gas Can" again.

On a more precise note: How many 9 inning games do you think the Phillies are getting from a starter this year?
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            Why would Giles have pitched in the 8th?

Edited to add: I know they're going to play smallball this year, but 2 runs isn't going to do it. Hellickson looked really good. It would be nice to see starts like that all year - if they get them, they should win 70 games no problem.

Also, the Howard situation is just uncomfortable. I hope he can get warm and hit a few bombs and maybe catch on as a DH somewhere.
            I really like the direction they're moving in, but seeing Howard hitting clean up is just depressing as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              To preserve Cole Hamels' win.

I just wanted to say "Gas Can" again.

On a more precise note: How many 9 inning games do you think the Phillies are getting from a starter this year?
              that's a really good question and i don't know if i can answer that.

maybe 4 or 5? and i'm thinking that's high.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                that's a really good question and i don't know if i can answer that.

maybe 4 or 5? and i'm thinking that's high.
                is the number of CGs, career, on the staff. I think Morton, Hellickson and Nola are potentially each good for one. But even that's probably high.

Comment

Well, then I guess they win 5 games

Comment

Well, then I guess they win 5 games
                    Most likely. #1 pick on the way!

Comment

Well ... right on cue ... Nola got fucked tonight

Comment

Well ... right on cue ... Nola got fucked tonight
                        Turned it off when the bullpen came in. I figured it would end badly. But... Also doesn't help that the offense is total shit.

Comment

holy shit that was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                            holy shit that was terrible.
                            Depending on what happens in the minors...we may get some other guys that will come up this year and add a little more to watch.

Crawford and Williams come to mind along with Jake Thompson.

Comment

Young teams with bad bullpens

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              Depending on what happens in the minors...we may get some other guys that will come up this year and add a little more to watch.

Crawford and Williams come to mind along with Jake Thompson.
                              tend to be good signs for the future. It would be nice to see a little more offensive production and maybe those young guys can deliver. I'm not sure they'll come up until September though.

Comment

Working...
                              X