worst thing HowLo could do is sign Fletcher Cox to a 60mil deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst thing HowLo could do is sign Fletcher Cox to a 60mil deal

I've always been a proponent of the "its not my money" school of thought but a 60mil deal would fuck this team up.

I say let him play it out this year, franchise him for a year and then figure it out. Guy has been a stud, but JJ Watt he is not.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Isn't it already fucked up?

Comment

can't wait to hear Burger King talk about this.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

One ACL injury would really F the Eagles over.

tough call but I get what you are saying
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Great Idea

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          I've always been a proponent of the "its not my money" school of thought but a 60mil deal would fuck this team up.

I say let him play it out this year, franchise him for a year and then figure it out. Guy has been a stud, but JJ Watt he is not.
          Then after he makes 2 Pro Bowls and he's in his prime we can give him a contract worth $140 and Guarantee him $85 million.

Comment

Agree....

One more year...

1) you lose nothing

2) have another year to clean up the $$ mess
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

How did having the best DT in the league work for Detroit?

If he signs for a reasonable amount, sign him.

If he wants outrageous money that would skew everything on the team, trade him for picks or another player.

DT in this year's draft is deep. You're better off blowing up your salary structure for an edge rusher.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                If he signs for a reasonable amount, sign him.
                Would you say that he is a top 3 DT in the NFL? I do too, with that being said, $60 million guaranteed is the going rate for a top DT.

Comment

He can be here three more years without a new contract. This is last year of current contract, and you can franchise him for two more.

Comment

Yeah, fuck having good players. Let's continue to let every Pro Bowler walk when their first contract is up. It's cool, this team drafts awesome players all the time.

You guys are fucking crazy. That's going to piss him off.
                    Last edited by Melchior; 04-12-2016, 05:41 PM.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                      He can be here three more years without a new contract. This is last year of current contract, and you can franchise him for two more.
                      That always works out real well

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                        That always works out real well
                        JJ Watt has the luxury of playing the Jaguars, Titans and Colts OL twice a year. Not to mention, he's in a 1-gap scheme.

“Houston is not the normal 3-4,” Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said. “They are an attacking defense, and they don’t ask their DEs to two-gap like, say, Aaron Smith in his prime. Really, Houston is an attacking 5-2 more than a traditional 3-4. But ends in just about any 3-4 should be able to bump inside on throwing downs and pressure the QB."
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

HowLo was waiting for the Wilkerson deal to get done and then was going to base the contract off of that. With Jets in cap hell and Wilkerson getting hurt, it got all fucked up.

HowLo refuses to be the guy who sets the market (again) after overpaying for Bradford.
                          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

HowLo was waiting for the Wilkerson deal to get done and then was going to base the contract off of that. With Jets in cap hell and Wilkerson getting hurt, it got all fucked up.

HowLo refuses to be the guy who sets the market (again) after overpaying for Bradford.
                            Nailed it 1000 %.
                            Agents want to be the ones to take credit for setting the market.
                            No front office wants to get bent over by the agent... and then get publicly reamed for it at the same time.

Comment

No faith in Howie?

We'll see how he ends up drafting.

But he is good at the contract game.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X