Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw David Gilmour last night at the Garden,,outstanding show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw David Gilmour last night at the Garden,,outstanding show!

been 22 years since I got to see him,,guy sounds amazing, his voice is what really impresses,,David really never sang out of range or anything to high,, even his new music the vocals were really good,,,as for the expected.

The guitar work and band of course; is the best the industry would have to offer,,,a lot of classics and few nice old Floyds songs Like Fat Old Sun, Astronomy Dominane, Shine on you crazy Diamond, and the usual, Money, Run like Hell and Comfortably numb. Dark side of the Moon made its appearance too and had the most reactions from the crowd... Great show very mellow but the quality of the Musicians is thru the roof,,if your a Floyd fan well worth the Money.
    Last edited by TRENT; 04-13-2016, 10:36 AM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

I was there as well!

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
    been 22 years since I got to see him,,guy sounds amazing, his voice is what really impresses,,David really never sang out of range or anything to high,, even his new music the vocals were really good,,,as for the expected.

The guitar work and band of course; is the best the industry would have to offer,,,a lot of classics and few nice old Floyds songs Like Fat Old Sun, Astronomy Dominane, Shine on you crazy Diamond, and the usual, Money, Run like Hell and Comfortably numb. Dark side of the Moon made its appearance too and had the most reactions from the crowd... Great show very mellow but the quality of the Musicians is thru the roof,,if your a Floyd fan well worth the Money.
    "Fat old sun" was the highlight for me! As this was the first time seeing him live and my first experience at the Garden, I left very impressed... I agree the show was very laid back, however seeing David playing his old stratocaster, not the black one was a highlight as well. It is a shame it might be the last time I see him play.

Comment

Nice! Yeah Fat Old Sun was one I hadn't seen before

and do you mean his 54 Fender Esquire set up as a Telecaster? kind of worn away triburst finish guitar? That guitar is on the cover of About Face. Is that the one your thinking about>?

His Original Strat is a 63, Im not even sure if he brings it on tour,, Id have to look into that. Last time I saw floyd at the Garden was 87.

What do you want from me, and Coming Back to life "raise my rent" were nice additions to the set list..Great show
      Last edited by TRENT; 04-13-2016, 01:03 PM.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

you sir are right

That is the one...

Comment

Im going to see britt floyd sat. @ hershey theatre, not a big pink fan. Just gonna get comftarbly numb and close my eyes.

Comment

Who's older, Gilmour or Rickles?

Must've been great!
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Dude!

His early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Shine on you crazy diamond came out, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Dave has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

A musician friend described his guitar playing...

perfectly.

He said Gilmour didn't play the guitar, he made love to it.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

best word to describe Gilmour's playing style

I would say is Powerful! One minuet sly, quiet, clean and very structured too, BAM!

the guy bends notes like an older southern rock guitarist,,but he was doing 10 years before they did...2 3 steps slowly backing out of the bends finding his note in blurr of directions,,,his creativity is what places him wayy above most others,,,guy can write, that always separates the haves and the have nots
                  Last edited by TRENT; 04-14-2016, 09:21 AM.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Those shows are great

Im sure you have a good night out; enjoy the show

one song I have seen a ton and was hoping he would play was one of these Days! he did play slide guitar thru the show..but opted not to pull that one out.
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                    X