Browns are shopping the #2 pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns are shopping the #2 pick.

Please for the love of god, I hope Howie doesn't try to trade up. Without the 2nd rounder I just don't think he has enough currency to do it. Let SF or Dullass move up. Someone very good is going to fall to us at 8.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-no-2-pick/
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

We all know what the probable currency is. And it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
      Please for the love of god, I hope Howie doesn't try to trade up. Without the 2nd rounder I just don't think he has enough currency to do it. Let SF or Dullass move up. Someone very good is going to fall to us at 8.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-no-2-pick/
      Does it get any worse than getting fleeced by the BROWNS?

Comment

Ask the Colts.....
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Maybe we should be thankful we don't have that second rounder.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
            Ask the Colts.....
            Haaaaa! Good point. This will go down as one of the worst in Philadelphia history if they pull something off with the Browns. Say goodbye to the draft for a long time.

Comment

Please Don't Do It

I'm not religious but I'm praying we don't move up to the Browns #2 pick as I think the cost would be too high. I feel comfortable with Bradford being our guy until we can find our future QB. I'm all in with drafting Elliott at #8 because I feel he will be dynamic in our offense.

Comment

I'm thinking this year's and next year's firsts should about do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                  I'm thinking this year's and next year's firsts should about do it.
                  Probably. I still think the #8 and probably another top 10-12 is much too high.

Comment

Well, maybe we can end up only giving them pick #32 next year. (A guy can dream, can't he?)

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                      Well, maybe we can end up only giving them pick #32 next year. (A guy can dream, can't he?)
                      I'm incredibly confused as to why they WANT Wentz. You pay Samantha and Daniel a ton of money to "groom" him? It just makes no sense.

Did he climb their board that quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        I'm incredibly confused as to why they WANT Wentz. You pay Samantha and Daniel a ton of money to "groom" him? It just makes no sense.

Did he climb their board that quickly?
                        Because they're not tanking. They want to actually be competitive while they groom a QB of the future. Also, you have no clue what's going to happen in the draft. FA comes first and you have to be prepared for not getting a QB out of this draft.

I think they've done a pretty decent job of covering most of their glaring needs in FA, so they're free to go BPA, or at the very least, disguise their target in the top 10.

I don't like Wentz and I think trading up for Wentz or Goff is dumb. Go Ramsey > Stanley > Elliott and then take Cook > Prescott > whoever in the 3rd if they're available. If they did trade up, I'd actually prefer Goff out of the two.
                        Last edited by Melchior; 04-19-2016, 04:16 PM.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

[QUOTE=Melchior;1853695]Also, you have no clue what's going to happen in the draft. FA comes first and you have to be prepared for not getting a QB out of this draft.

QUOTE]

This is why I'm asking...did he climb their board quickly? Even if they don't end up pulling off a trade, it's quite obvious they want him (or Goof).

Comment

Yeah, I don't know. They may have planned to try to trade up all along, but still wanted a contingency plan.
                            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I definitely would not take Goff if they trade for the #2 pick. The small hands thing scares me. I saw on ESPN earlier today that Wentz's completion percentage when forced to make a hurried throw was horrible, in the 20% range and that was against lower level competition than typical first round quarterbacks. Wentz had only one 300 yard passing game while at North Dakota State and when he was injured this past year his replacement Easton Stick (yes, that is his name) went 8-0. I looked it up and many felt that NDSU was a more dominant team with Stick at qb. I just don't think Wentz is worth the risk to trade up to #2 for.

Comment

Working...
                              X