Confidential to cigar heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to cigar heads

Any of you guys using cbid (cigarbid.com)? Holy shit, it's the most addicting site ever. Just scored a five pack of Camacho 1962 pre-embargo for $51 (they sell for $100 everywhere else), and a 5 pack of Herrera Esteli Nortenos (Drew Estate) for $35 (the Robusto Grandes usually sell for around $80). Insane deals. Amazing site.

I'll have to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      I'll have to check it out.
      I've been buying almost exclusively from cigarfederation.com lately (big Ezra Zion fan), but man, you can't beat those cbid deals if they have what you're looking for up for auction. I was expecting a run-up at the end on the Camachos, but it never happened. I've been wanting to try the '62 PE for six years, but couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on a stick that's 25% Cuban. I'm pretty stoked right about now.

Comment

Does eSnipe work with that site?

I used to use that to buy hockey gear for my son. Sends a bid with like 3 seconds left in the auction or some such thing. I haven't used it in a couple of years but it was nice for some stealth auction steals.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          I used to use that to buy hockey gear for my son. Sends a bid with like 3 seconds left in the auction or some such thing. I haven't used it in a couple of years but it was nice for some stealth auction steals.
          I'm not sure, but I honestly don't think you'll need it... unless something comes up that everyone is after (like Opus X) and a bidding war breaks out. On the Camacho auction, they had 5 five-packs up for bid, bidding was around $40 when I found it. I decided I'd be willing to pay $65 and put that in as my max bid, and got an email tonight that I won it for $51. There are so many different cigars and tastes are so varied, you're rarely going to be bidding against a lot of people. If you find what you like, put in a max bid at 60% of retail and just let it ride. More often than not, you're going to get what you want at a really nice price, with very little effort. It's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            It's a beautiful thing.
            Pardon my ignorance, but how do you know you're getting what you paid for with a cigar ?
            Is there a stamp of authenticity ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Gd...=RDKLbkP_xlRCQ

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
              Pardon my ignorance, but how do you know you're getting what you paid for with a cigar ?
              Is there a stamp of authenticity ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Gd...=RDKLbkP_xlRCQ
              Buying Cuban puros online is a minefield I haven't waded into just yet. There's a pretty good site out of Switzerland (so I've read), and another one out of Hong Kong, but they only sell 25 count boxes. When I have a few hundred bucks that I'm comfortable risking, I'll probably take the plunge.

The Camacho '62 pre-embargo is a limited run cigar, but completely legal in the US. They're owned by Davidoff, so it's a very reputable, mainstream manufacturer (all of the Camachos, with the exception of the Connecticut, are very good). The amount of aged Cuban tobacco is unspecified, but generally believed to be about 25% and mixed with Honduran fillers and binder. Same kind of thing as "Kona blend" or "Jamaican Blue Mountain blend" coffees. Just a taste of the forbidden fruit, not a 100% real deal Cubano.

Here's a good review of the '62:
              https://kohnhed.com/2013/07/20/cigar...2-pre-embargo/

CBid isn't like eBay, everything they sell goes through them. You're not dealing with private parties posting auctions. So everything is guaranteed authentic by the site owners.

Comment

Thompson Cigars have a similar set up that I use sometimes.

http://www.thompsoncigarauctions.com/
                If you’re not from here, you don’t understand it. If you don’t understand it, you hate it. And if you hate it, we hate you.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." by Mike Schmidt

Comment

Bumping this thread. Are you still using the site Duck? Still good? This is basically Ebay for cigars? Any recommendation for a cigar noob? I like Acids, which I believe cigar guys make fun of, haha.

Edit - just saw your comment on how it's different from Ebay.
                  Last edited by D Leff; 05-03-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Speaking of Acids, here's a one day special on JR Cigar.com

https://www.jrcigars.com/deal/jr-plu...-code-jrplus36

I'm what JR would call either a valued customer or a big fat mark.

Comment

Nice, thanks. JR's a good site? I'd be worried about rejects or rebrands and crap like that on a site like cbid.

Comment

RSE check these guys out in Toronto the next time you're there. These guys are the only tobacconist that is able to get Cuban leaves out of Cuba for cigars.

http://correnticigars.com/
                        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                          Bumping this thread. Are you still using the site Duck? Still good? This is basically Ebay for cigars? Any recommendation for a cigar noob? I like Acids, which I believe cigar guys make fun of, haha.
                          So far it's been great. I won the Camacho pre-embargo five pack for $51 (sells for $100 everywhere else), a five pack of Herrera Esteli Norteno for $35 (usually $55) and a box of 10 Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum for $43 (usually $90). Everything showed up fast, well packed, perfect condition. If you're in PA, you'll get product even quicker (they're up in Bath, PA).

I'm giving the cigars some humidor time before I smoke them, so I can't vouch for the taste yet. But the site and the shopping experience were damn good. Just price out what you want at cigar.com or CI, see what they're going for, set your max bid at 50-60% of retail and walk away. Stay away from the bidding wars and you'll do great.

I started on Acids, too, years ago. I'll still smoke a Java from time to time. Drew Estate is making some pretty great non-infused cigars now. The Norteno and Liga Privada are both exceptional. The fire-cured MUWAT is pretty cool too.

Comment

Good shit, thanks

Comment

I stop here in Burlington for Cubans when I go to IKEA. Good cigars but pricey even with the currency arbitrage.

http://www.villagecigarcompany.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X