BigSlizz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigSlizz

Do you think it would behoove the Rams to have some frank discussions with the Eagles if it meant blocking Chip from getting a QB in a trade with Clevel? I mean you know, they are NFC West rivals and what not.

You're being ridiculous. The thought that these teams are honestly sharing their plans is just silly.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

These teams?

Not all teams. Two teams with common interests. I know your not this obtuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        These teams?

Not all teams. Two teams with common interests. I know your not this obtuse.
        One thing I wonder is if the Rams and Eagles had informal communication designed to avoid into getting into a bidding war for these picks / QBs.

Remember there was reporting about the Eagles attempting to move to #1 but then withdrawing the offer. Perhaps the Eagles set the price for the Rams.

If each team thought the other wanted the other team's favored QB it could have resulted in the Rams and / or the Eagles paying even more.

We are talking collusion here.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I can see them competing for the number one pick and I think both teams paid fair market value if not more. But maybe through the process, they talked a little and realized they placed different values on the QBs. Most reports suggest the two prospects, although different, grade out very close in the end.

Goff the California kid is a nice marketing sell for the new Los Angeles franchise.

Comment

Allow me to restate my issue here.

What drives me crazy is the Eagles allowed themselves to get into a situation that is out of their control. If they are trusting the future of their franchise to the Rams not taking their guy, I'm not filled with confidence right now. They have no power.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
            X