It's difficult to be the contrarian, but I like the trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's difficult to be the contrarian, but I like the trade

Assuming they get the QB I like ( no whammies, no IGinks).

I say it's difficult because everyone is so overwhelmingly against the trade that one can not help but have feelings of doubt.

The picks are a lot to give up, but a Bradford trade could lessen the blow.

Nah, it's easy

Comment

Bradford will not be traded until next year...

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

I say it's difficult because everyone is so overwhelmingly against the trade that one can not help but have feelings of doubt.

...by then we will have a lot clearer picture about today's decision.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

I'm not totally against it either. Just as long as they don't trade Cox to recoup picks. If they get a reasonable deal for Bradford, things look a lot better.

If they get the QB they want and he is who they think he will be, it will have been totally worth it.

It's a crapshoot, but they have missed on so many draft picks in the past, why not take the shot at the guy who they really want? It really does become a crapshoot in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

The 2nd rounder two years out is more problematic but at least you have time to work on recouping that pick.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          ...by then we will have a lot clearer picture about today's decision.
          They might not, but they should if the opportunity presents itself. There is no better situation for Bradford than Denver, and his value with two years under control and the cheap first year contract, won't be as high as it is right now. It's a no-brainer for Denver to give up the 32nd pick.

Comment

I just don't see any team giving up their 1st rd pick for Mr. inevitable ACL . Not even Denver..

Comment

This is want I wanted since studying the QB's in Late Feb.

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              They might not, but they should if the opportunity presents itself. There is no better situation for Bradford than Denver, and his value with two years under control and the cheap first year contract, won't be as high as it is right now. It's a no-brainer for Denver to give up the 32nd pick.
              (Of course no, whammies, no IGink!), so I feel obligated to go on record and own it.

I also agree that Bradford to Denver is a no-brainer. I I also have anticipated this move since signing him. The problem might be salary cap space in Denver, but I think that can be worked out.

I'm all in... Which means siding with Howie on this. Ugh.

Comment

I don't see them trading Cox. I think Bradford for a late first rounder makes sense, but I wouldn't mind the Eagles getting a pair of 2nd rounders or some collection of picks.

I'm actually very excited about this. Rejuvenated again.

Comment

Who the fuck would ever give up a 1 for Bradford?? Surely not John Elway. He'd talk Roseman into giving him Bradford and the Eagles 1st in 2018 before Howie got a 1st from him. This is a man's game and business. Howie will get his ass kicked by Elway.

They'd be lucky to get a 3rd from Denver for I am Sam.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-20-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    I'm not totally against it either. Just as long as they don't trade Cox to recoup picks. If they get a reasonable deal for Bradford, things look a lot better.

If they get the QB they want and he is who they think he is he will be, it will have been totally worth it.

It's a crapshoot, but they have missed on so many draft picks in the past, why not take the shot at the guy who they really want? It really does become a crapshoot in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

The 2nd rounder two years out is more problematic but at least you have time to work on recouping that pick.
                    This is spot on. I hope some dig in and learn about Wentz, aside from the North Dakota and the 1-AA stuff
                    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Denver gives up the 32nd pick and they're SB favorites again. Yes, the Broncos lost so key players, but there is no doubt that Bradford would bring much more to that offense than Manning did last year.

Comment

You're never getting a 1 from them for Bradford. They won SB with manning looking like Vince Vaughn playing QB in Wedding Crashers.

Also, Bradford cap hit is $11m anytime before 6/1 so if it does happen it'll be this summer and for a mid round pick if they're lucky. Nothing that can help Eagles next week.

Fuck

Howie

Roseman

Comment

I do like how Howie spread the picks out over a few years so no one year is barren.

Not too bad a haul if you think of how they went from #13 to #2.

Hope Ginger can play some ball.

YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Bradford is not a significant enough improvement ...

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            ...over Sanchez to trade thier first.

Knowing what you know about the two players would you give up your 1st?
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Fair enough. Maybe the Broncos love Sanchez at the helm.

No, I don't believe that for one second. Who in the fuck am I fooling? ... But anyway, I think if the Eagles can haul in some combination in the 2nd, 3Rd and 4th round it's a good thing.

I'm thrilled but I admit that your disappointment is reason to pause. I'm very excited though.

Comment

Working...
                              X