• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOOOO South Dakota State!!!

at least he has a pedigree!!! BISON!!!
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Is he a Bison Stabber?
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      I usually agree with you but not here. Do more HW on him.

I'm glad big dick howie has the balls to attempt to get an elite QB. If it fails do did everything else we have ever done. Fuck a status quo
      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post

I'm glad big dick howie has the balls to attempt to get an elite QB. If it fails do did everything else we have ever done. Fuck a status quo
        Completely agree, plus Romo and Eli are on their way out, kinda put the Eagles ahead of the 8 ball if they can hit their mark this draft.

Everything about this smells like 99, as much as I want to bash the FO this is the same fan base that was bitching when Mcnabb was drafted. None of this pissing and moaning surprises me.

Im cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Im not saying they are wrong, Im saying

I find the whole thing bizarre.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Offseason champs every year. Dynasty

Comment

Yeah

My impression after thinking about it for a day has been that I like the idea - I actually don't think they gave up a ton - but that I don't know jack shit about Wentz.

I guess it doesn't matter because frankly, the only thing I know are what I read from scouts and draftniks, which are about as good as throwing shit at the wall.

Hope it works out, but I do agree that it's another "go big or go home" move.

Comment

Not what I'm saying at all.

I'm just saying I feel good about the position they are in to possibly draft a franchise QB. This is the only way to do it, you don't get them through FA and rarely through the later rounds of the draft, especially the way these guys draft.

For better or worse I'm in favor of what they did yesterday.

Comment

Wentz is going to have to be elite to be worth the cost.

I'll admit my disdain for Roseman may cloud my judgement. I can't stand the guy. I think he's all about being in the spotlight and holding court at press conferences. Mr "who's got the hammer now" guy. I just don't like him and his track record making draft picks is spotty at best. I barely want to know what my team's GM looks like. I don't want a attention whore wanna be comedian who hosts a fucking weekly radio show all season long running my favorite team.

Add to that the current scouting dept makeup is a punchline to other teams, they have a HC who has never been one above the high school level & nobody else even gave him an interview for the position.....I just fear and expect the worst.

Additionally they just gave Dallas their pick of Jalen Ramsey or EE and it makes me feel even shittier.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-21-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Not only are they desperately trying to mimic the Fat Fuck regime, they have handed Elliott to either Dallas or the Vagiants and, unlike the Fat Fuck situation, paid out their ass to do it.

But who knows, blind squirrels and broken clocks, right?
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think they'll take Ramsey and the Giants will get EE. Barf.

Comment

Roaches are going to take bosa

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          Not only are they desperately trying to mimic the Fat Fuck regime, they have handed Elliott to either Dallas or the Vagiants and, unlike the Fat Fuck situation, paid out their ass to do it.

But who knows, blind squirrels and broken clocks, right?
                          The Roaches were picking ahead of the Eagles so if anything this move gives the Eagles the chance of drafting Elliott ahead of them.

Personally, I don't like the idea of taking an RB super early in the draft. I prefer positions with longer careers there like OL or CB. Maybe it makes sense where the Vagiants are picking.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yeah, I'm just extremely skeptical. I have very little faith in Roseman. I'm more optimistic about Pederson and this staff's ability to develop a quarterback. 1999 is the comparison that everyone wants to use, which is fine, but McNabb was a top 5 QB in the league for 4-5 years. Will Wentz be that? Also, Bradford isn't a Doug Pederson type place holder. All of these QB moves, taken together, don't make much sense to me.
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-21-2016, 10:02 AM.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                              I keep thinking how strangely this parallels the beginning of the Reid area. How much more of a pedigree did the QB out of Syracuse have?

You play who you play. If you have the skills, the smarts, and the physical traits, it shouldn't matter who your opponents were.

Comment

Working...
                              X