• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I predict Sham gets traded draft day

...for a second day pick.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I hope you're right but what are the ramifications of his contract. Can he agree to revise one that's already paid him money this year to alleviate/massage the dream team's cap Hit? Does the CBA allow it? Asking bc I don't know. Where's your boy Arlo when you need him?

If not they (we) eat $11m if he's traded before June 2nd
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-22-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      I hope you're right but what are the ramifications of his contract. Can he agree to revise one that's already paid him money this year to alleviate/massage the dream team's cap Hit? Does the CBA allow it? Asking bc I don't know. Where's your boy Arlo when you need him?

As good as Howie's been this off season, he really screwed the pooch on this QB situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        As good as Howie's been this off season, he really screwed the pooch on this QB situation.
        If he picks a franchise QB, it will all be worth it. If not, we're in deep trouble for years.

Now the question is, who in the FO can actually evaluate QBs?

Comment

Phuck Arlo

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

He was wrong with that shit (more than) half the time anyway. All I know is if Sham doesn't feel wanted here he would most likely want to go to a place where he is. I know of no reason why you cant trade him.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Depends When He Scored It

If he scored his 100th touchdown before the coming of Rosencrud, he's right and they should have celebrated it.

If, however, he scored it AFTER the coming of Rosencrud during that never-to-be-forgiven time when he was a complete horse's ass, I'd bitch more about the team forgetting to celebrate Louie The Vendor selling his 100,000th hotdog at the stand under section 512, before I'd cry about the team not throwing a party for The Player Who Shall Remain Nameless.
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

This move is the crown jewel of Howie's off season. From a FO perspective, it will go down as one of the best moves in franchise history, IMO.

Thursday can not come fast enough. All chips in on this move.

Comment

that's really Unlike you Georgie

to go out on a limb like that!

really! really! you think that might happen!!!!
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

How can you say he screwed the pooch?

Bradford was signed to the "two year" (really one year) deal not using your money or mine on March 1. With what was out there in free agency, it made/makes sense.

The Dolphins trade to move to 8 was leaked and then consummated a week later. That put them into position to get any one of eight top-shelf players in the draft.

Daniel was signed (not using your money or mine) March 10, giving the team even more flexibility with the #8 pick.

He actually got a sucker to trade for Mark Sanchez.

The draft pick evaluations were racheted up during the next month, and it's apparent they felt that Wentz or Goff would be their future at QB. Time will tell if it pans out.

They gave what I would consider a relatively small price to move up to #2, especially when compared to the rgbrownstain trade. And considering how much we all love Howie's "fastball" draft picks, I think many of us here might prefer him not to have them to use in the first place...

The only thing that gives me pause is that if they do trade Bradford, Chase Daniel at QB until Wentz is ready probably gives Cleveland at top 10 pick next year (actually 2!) and all the in-team Bradford fluffing (He's our leader!) might cause some problems internally.

Comment

I doubt it. Eagles arent gonna eat 11 mil
                    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Spread over two years?

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                      I doubt it. Eagles arent gonna eat 11 mil
                      I think they can designate a trade as post-June 1 and split it.

Plus-is money more important to Jeffrey than having a malcontent Bradford wrecking his Back to the Future Pedey plan?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Bradford was signed to the "two year" (really one year) deal not using your money or mine on March 1. With what was out there in free agency, it made/makes sense.

The Dolphins trade to move to 8 was leaked and then consummated a week later. That put them into position to get any one of eight top-shelf players in the draft.

Daniel was signed (not using your money or mine) March 10, giving the team even more flexibility with the #8 pick.

He actually got a sucker to trade for Mark Sanchez.

The draft pick evaluations were racheted up during the next month, and it's apparent they felt that Wentz or Goff would be their future at QB. Time will tell if it pans out.

They gave what I would consider a relatively small price to move up to #2, especially when compared to the rgbrownstain trade. And considering how much we all love Howie's "fastball" draft picks, I think many of us here might prefer him not to have them to use in the first place...

The only thing that gives me pause is that if they do trade Bradford, Chase Daniel at QB until Wentz is ready probably gives Cleveland at top 10 pick next year (actually 2!) and all the in-team Bradford fluffing (He's our leader!) might cause some problems internally.
                        You can use the "not my money" argument in baseball, not football (at least not in this case, when Fletcher Cox needs to be signed).

I don't love giving up a huge price for Wentz, but how did Howie not think Samantha wouldn't be pissed about this? It was obviously not discussed when specifics about the new contract were hashed out.

Comment

The Cox argument is moot

You can use the "not my money" argument in baseball, not football (at least not in this case, when Fletcher Cox needs to be signed).

I don't love giving up a huge price for Wentz, but how did Howie not think Samantha wouldn't be pissed about this? It was obviously not discussed when specifics about the new contract were hashed out.
                          He's guaranteed to be under Eagles' control for the next three seasons. It's not ideal, but the truth is he can just play out this year under $8 million fifth year option, then be franchised two years in a row.

Plus-there exists a big possibility that Peters, Bradford, and others won't have similar impact on the 2017 cap, making 2017 a more likely year for him to get paid.

Who gives a shit what Howie thinks about Bradford's reaction to signing QB competitors? Bradford can't be dumb enough to think Howie viewed him as the long-term answer. To me, this whole "Bradford is soooo upset" narrative could possibly be driven by Howie to see if he can squeeze a pick out of someone, especially because Howie is publicly saying Bradford is the 2016 starter. Everyone pointed out how Bradford's two year deal was really one year.

Kempski the day after the signing:

"If the Eagles draft a quarterback and believe he'll be ready to be "the guy" for the 2017 season and Bradford has another average season (in 2016), his contract wouldn't be a definitive impediment for a trade. In that scenario, the Eagles would incur a less devastating "dead money" hit of $5.5 million, with Bradford's new team taking on his $14 million salary and $4 million roster bonus in 2017."
                          Last edited by Pete; 04-23-2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Regardless of what Kemp says, he's mad.

Let's be realistic. Cox isn't under contact for 3 years. Panthers just released Norman during the same situation because he was unhappy. The franchise tag is a sham and the players hate it.

Comment

Wrong Thread

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                              If he scored his 100th touchdown before the coming of Rosencrud, he's right and they should have celebrated it.

If, however, he scored it AFTER the coming of Rosencrud during that never-to-be-forgiven time when he was a complete horse's ass, I'd bitch more about the team forgetting to celebrate Louie The Vendor selling his 100,000th hotdog at the stand under section 512, before I'd cry about the team not throwing a party for The Player Who Shall Remain Nameless.

Try again my friend.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X