I have not seen a second of the Flyers' game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not seen a second of the Flyers' game

But from reading this it sounds like the goaltender "stood on his head". (I think Kelly Green would like that expression).

But seriously, outshot 44-11?!? They got shut out on 44 shots and the Flyers scored two on 11?!?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._44_saves.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

They just gave the puck away in the parking lot on the way to the bus.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It was ridiculous. Seemed like at least a quarter of them were spectacular saves. I don't watch a lot of hockey these days but that was one of the best goaltending performances I've ever seen.

Edit to add: And one of the goals was any empty net so it's worse than it looks. As good as Neuvirth was, the rest of the team was that bad.
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-23-2016, 07:17 AM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

actual shot attempts for the game were 82-27. Flyers blocked 19 more out front and 19 were high or wide. it's like the Flyers were playing prevent defense.

Comment

Fewest shots to win in Flyers history

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          But from reading this it sounds like the goaltender "stood on his head". (I think Kelly Green would like that expression).

But seriously, outshot 44-11?!? They got shut out on 44 shots and the Flyers scored two on 11?!?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._44_saves.html
          I didn't watch it either, but it seems more like Washington is choking the chicken. Would be great if the Flyers tied the series at home in front of the local knuckle dragging mouth breathers.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Not to mention they got lucky as hell on their first goal as that thing was going waaay wide of the net until it hit the defenseman's skate.

The Flyers are playing with house money at this point and the Caps could really start feeling the pressure in Game 6 if things start badly for them.

Comment

Watching the Capitals

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
              Not to mention they got lucky as hell on their first goal as that thing was going waaay wide of the net until it hit the defenseman's skate.

The Flyers are playing with house money at this point and the Caps could really start feeling the pressure in Game 6 if things start badly for them.
              coverage here in VA, their post-game commentators said first, that Neuvirth only made a few key saves and that the Capitals should hit the "panic button." Wow. Overreact much? Typical DC nutters.
              You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Working...
              X