Clear All

• Eagles rank 8th best drafting in the NFL since 1996

According to this article's ranking system:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...t-history/#PHI

just reinforces....

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
    According to this article's ranking system:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...t-history/#PHI
    How inexact evaluating talent really is....measurements and variables galore.

Even with the #2 pick, a QB is a 50/50 at best, that number slips historically when you factor in how the Iggls attained it.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised by this article. It's common belief in Philly that the FO has had terrible drafts. This kind of disproves that notion...

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
        Yeah, I was surprised by this article. It's common belief in Philly that the FO has had terrible drafts. This kind of disproves that notion...
        Ranking Jacksonville ahead of the Eagles kind of disproves the notion of the article. Also, Jets?
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Everybody has more misses than hits. It's the years when they're almost ALL misses like 2011 that are tough to recover from. Have to sign UFA's and make stupid panic moves to make up for a bad draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            Everybody has more misses than hits. It's the years when they're almost ALL misses like 2011 that are tough to recover from. Have to sign UFA's and make stupid panic moves to make up for a bad draft.
            Agreed.

But this is why I am ok with the trade they made.

If they have identified a QB they want, why not go for it? They are more likely to miss rather than hit in the later rounds.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

team can't draft and have it workout and free agents never workout.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Ranking Jacksonville ahead of the Eagles kind of disproves the notion of the article. Also, Jets?
                You've absolutely been on fire lately. Great posts.
                I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Good way to look at it. If the one correct pick is a franchise qb not much else will matter.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think I'd rather be ranked 22, like Denver

and have that Lombardi in the case.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Plus draft picks in the hands of Roseman are like.......you know!

Comment

Working...
                      X