Flyers fans are hypocrites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers fans are hypocrites

They want props for giving a standing O to the same guys they put at risk by pelting them with debris. Overcompensating for the shit they caught (deservedly) for one of the worst Philly fan behavior incidents I can ever remember in any sport. Really...name a worse one. I cant think of it. Ive been around a long time.

These are the same assholes who tried to hurt the same guys they cheered after yesterdays game...

Hypocrites.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Don't batteries beat bracelets?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Battery beats bracelet. Bracelet beats snowball. Snowball beats battery.

Comment

I agree with you that it was one of the worst fan behavior incidents I've seen. But the people cheering yesterday were the ones that consider themselves real fans and were trying to separate themselves from the morons in game 3, showing the Flyers that not all fans are idiots. Way to lump them all togther IG, you should know better than that.

Comment

^ This.

Also, not to defend any of that nonsense, but consider that said unruly fans were given a presentation on the great Ed Snyder, about how proud the organization is, and how he had built a legacy. And the organization gave each fan a token that legacy in a small bracelet. Then the shit show on ice started. It wasn't even a game, and it looked like the players were outclassed, and had eventually stopped trying. And if you know anything about the fans in this city, the worst thing is to give up. I'm sure that many fans felt that their legacy had been betrayed.

Contrast that with the rest of the series, and in the final game, where the players scrapped and struggled, only to lose by a very small margin. That was certainly deserving of an ovation from the fans.

Comment

how do you know ...

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
            I agree with you that it was one of the worst fan behavior incidents I've seen. But the people cheering yesterday were the ones that consider themselves real fans and were trying to separate themselves from the morons in game 3, showing the Flyers that not all fans are idiots. Way to lump them all togther IG, you should know better than that.
            that none of those cheering threw bracelets? Did you see them sweeping them up by the hundreds?

Even the people who didn't throw them were still trying to overcompensate, IMO
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Did hundreds/thousands throw batteries?

Originally posted by slag View Post
              No, I dont think so. Absolutely the worst mob mentalityugly scene ever in Philly sports history (to my memory).
              May 7, 2010

Comment

of course they were deserving...

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                ^ This.

Also, not to defend any of that nonsense, but consider that said unruly fans were given a presentation on the great Ed Snyder, about how proud the organization is, and how he had built a legacy. And the organization gave each fan a token that legacy in a small bracelet. Then the shit show on ice started. It wasn't even a game, and it looked like the players were outclassed, and had eventually stopped trying. And if you know anything about the fans in this city, the worst thing is to give up. I'm sure that many fans felt that their legacy had been betrayed.

Contrast that with the rest of the series, and in the final game, where the players scrapped and struggled, only to lose by a very small margin. That was certainly deserving of an ovation from the fans.
                but coming on the heels of pelting them, it seems contrived, IMO
                May 7, 2010

Comment

I think it was just two difference circumstances, and possibly two slightly different groups of fans. But it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a cadre of folks who were coached to start cheering at the end.

Comment

it was lame

Just my opinion.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X