So why did Howie sign Bradford again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why did Howie sign Bradford again?

Was the original plan to go with Bradford/Daniel for the foreseeable future and then the opportunity to move up and get Wentz came unexpectedly? That's the only scenario that makes sense to me. Otherwise, I don't get it. I guess they couldn't let Bradford get to free agency, but to give him starter money and then have to trade him is a mess.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Was the original plan to go with Bradford/Daniel for the foreseeable future and then the opportunity to move up and get Wentz came unexpectedly? That's the only scenario that makes sense to me. Otherwise, I don't get it. I guess they couldn't let Bradford get to free agency, but to give him starter money and then have to trade him is a mess.
    Of course. Sign Bradford as a hedge just in case you can't make the move up to grab Goff or Wentz.

Comment

I don`t think they expected to move up to the 8th spot in the draft. From 13 they wouldn`t be able to trade up to get one of the top 2 picks. Then the maxwell deal happened, and I think from then on, they knew they were going to trade up but the money on qbs had already been spent.

Comment

He is a checker player, not chess.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I explained it.

Sam with a two contract is a better trade commodity that Sam with a franchise tender.

If the Eagles couldn't Wentz or Goff, then Sam under a two contract was the alternative plan.

Comment

I think that pretty much is what happened...

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            ...I know it was a small surprise to see the Browns trade out, the common belief by many was they would go QB.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I'd Still Rather Have Elliott

I just have a bad feeling about drafting Wentz with the #2 pick. I would rather they picked Elliott with the #8 pick and keep all their draft picks and get a QB in the 3rd round who could be groomed for the future such as Hackenberg or Kevin Hogan from Stanford. I think the defense will be considerably better than last year, the offensive line will be better and Bradford will be at least as good as he was the final few games of last season. They would not have to write off the year and could compete for NFC East champions.
              Last edited by desertcogo; 04-25-2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X