Jaylon Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaylon Smith

It's a longshot since you have to essentially wait a year to see if the nerve regenerates, but if he recovers and you can get him for a 3rd round pick, that's insane.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
    Even with the catastrophic knee injury, Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith is expected to gone by end of round 3, maybe earlier, per league sources.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

I can't help but JR Reed. If it's similar, he might be able to play, but I'm wondering if he would play at the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      It's a longshot since you have to essentially wait a year to see if the nerve regenerates, but if he recovers and you can get him for a 3rd round pick, that's insane.
      Don't people on this board bitch about moves like that when they are made? You know a "JoLow Special".

Comment

They(we) don't have the luxury of using a pick on him. Unless it's a 5 or lower.

Comment

Agree. Too many holes and not enough picks.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Wish him all the best

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Not really.
            Jaylon Smith the play maker, game changer died the day of the knee injury
            That guy no longer exists. You can draft a dude with that name on the jersey, but that player is long gone and he ain't coming back.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...edical-issues/

"Smith has longer odds than Marcus Lattimore (not reported to have any nerve issue) who retired after two years of rehabilitation with the 49ers and never played a down"

Damn shame. More below from NFL guys after the medical re-check

"Physicians from across the league were in Indianapolis April 15-16 to reexamine draft-eligible players.
            "Not good," said a high-placed official for an NFL team after receiving a report from the team doctor. "Best-case scenario is he plays in '17. It could be never.

"My guy said it hadn't changed. The question is, can it regenerate? They don't usually come back from this."

Another key executive in the decision-making process for a team was even more pessimistic following consultations with his medical staff.
            "He is (on our board), but he's close to a no-take just because he's not going to play this year and next year (2017) is about a 30% chance," he said. "He's in trouble.

"What are you going to do? You take him and pay him this year, and you've got to pay the medical and all that, and you could be stuck with him.

"I hope he gets it back but he's 0% in terms of nerve activation right now.
            It's a sad deal."

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
              Not really.
              That guy no longer exists. You can draft a dude with that name on the jersey, but that player is long gone and he ain't coming back.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...edical-issues/

"Smith has longer odds than Marcus Lattimore (not reported to have any nerve issue) who retired after two years of rehabilitation with the 49ers and never played a down"

Damn shame. More below from NFL guys after the medical re-check

"Physicians from across the league were in Indianapolis April 15-16 to reexamine draft-eligible players.
              "Not good," said a high-placed official for an NFL team after receiving a report from the team doctor. "Best-case scenario is he plays in '17. It could be never.

"My guy said it hadn't changed. The question is, can it regenerate? They don't usually come back from this."

Another key executive in the decision-making process for a team was even more pessimistic following consultations with his medical staff.
              "He is (on our board), but he's close to a no-take just because he's not going to play this year and next year (2017) is about a 30% chance," he said. "He's in trouble.

"What are you going to do? You take him and pay him this year, and you've got to pay the medical and all that, and you could be stuck with him.

"I hope he gets it back but he's 0% in terms of nerve activation right now.
              It's a sad deal."
              You're most likely right, but there is a chance that it regenerates. Ross Tucker did a pretty good interview about it with a doctor. The damage to the knee wasn't necessarily that remarkable, but there's just no way of knowing whether the nerve will ever function properly again.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Well put. It's really unfortunate, but that's the way things are.

Comment

Makes you sick. I hope he had an insurance policy - even so, the money left on the table is probably ridiculous.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He did. A $5 million one.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Makes you sick.
                      So sad, from all accounts Jaylon's a stand up guy too

I wonder what impact this is going to have on the college bowl system.
                      Somebody else here made that comment earlier and its going to be interesting to see what happens going forward

With so many "meaningless" bowl games, I wonder if the draft-eligible guys are just gonna take a pass next year. Zero upside, huge risk to play in those games

Comment

So sad, from all accounts Jaylon's a stand up guy too

I wonder what impact this is going to have on the college bowl system.
                        Somebody else here made that comment earlier and its going to be interesting to see what happens going forward

With so many "meaningless" bowl games, I wonder if the draft-eligible guys are just gonna take a pass next year. Zero upside, huge risk to play in those games
                        but it's a huge risk to play in any game meaningless bowl game or meaningless game against bumfuck state early in the season.
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Smith

I would take him in the 5th, no higher.
                          Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
                          www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

Shame when guy like him loses all that money and a fraudulent POS like CEQ already has north of $82m in the bank for being a below average NFL player.

Comment

Working...
                            X